WJC: 2019 WJC U20 D1A in Füssen, Germany (9/12 - 15/12 2018)

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Latvians look pretty terrible. Kind of the usual for those tournaments though, maybe they should rethink their preparation/approach to those tournaments. Also this generation is obviously not the best. French keeper, meanwhile, looks solid.

Brants is the only one who looked pretty good considering circumstances. The rest of the team - terrible from top to bottom. Definitely seems to be more of a coaching issue than the actual level of Latvian players.

Last edited:

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Terrible, yet expected. This team just doesn't look good from top to bottom and here is the result. Looking at other teams, this seems like a tournament where survival will be priority *looks at you, Austria*

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Terrible, yet expected. This team just doesn't look good from top to bottom and here is the result. Looking at other teams, this seems like a tournament where survival will be priority *looks at you, Austria*

Zirnis has to go. He is not a NT coach material. This is just complete dumpster fire.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Can't decide for whom to root here. Austrian win and continous upsets by underdogs so we can luck out a gold medal somehow or clean German win so that we can eventually survive with a sole victory in the end.

Also this tournament is taking place in a lovely arena. Really enjoy how it feels.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Can't decide for whom to root here. Austrian win and continous upsets by underdogs so we can luck out a gold medal somehow or clean German win so that we can eventually survive with a sole victory in the end.

Also this tournament is taking place in a lovely arena. Really enjoy how it feels.

Dude, its best we stay down. Imagine what would happen if we had to play against Sweden or Canada? Like lambs to slaughter.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Finishing is terribe in this game, if they adress that, it could still go either way.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
Other than the huge 5 on 2 breakdown that resulted from a blown scoring chance our defense has been spectacular. Every time they get in, we get the puck and get it out. Possession has been like 70-30. Either someone needs to finish on the breakaway or we need to get it to the point and get a screen and hope it gets through.

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
I want to express my disappointment in the new IIHF website. It used to be really easy to find the tournament pages for the various lower divisions while active, now it has one big article and then hides them. And even once you get to said page it is a jumbled mess of trying to see scores, and far more confusing than before. This trend of turning websites into this same mess of bloated white-filled spaces has to stop, it looks awful.

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany
Dominik Bokk is really getting on my nerves. Tries to make everything on his own, never plays the puck before he absolutely has no other option.

---but at least he scored in the shootout. :)

Last edited:

su24

Sep 30, 2017
Austria is really fast as I was told, and great without the puck. But they really don't know what to do with the puck when they get it.

Last edited:
Reactions: kabidjan18

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany
Wow. Mocher was truly awful in that penalty shootout. Embarrassingly awful. It sucks to come this far only to lose because your goalie loves spreading his legs so much.

He sure didn't look good in the shootout, but in the game he was really good I thought.

Belizarius

Sep 17, 2003
Southern France
www.passionhockey.com
Great win for France :)
Always underated...

Texier is not there, as mentionned earlier (not released by is Finnish team) and top-defenseman Enzo Guebey is out with a knee injury.

But still, the team is basically the one who won the U18 Division 1A two years ago. It's the 1st generation drived and coached by the new French Federation back in 2006-2008, with the new federal system. It's probably our best generation ever, and would be even better with our 2 top guns here. Still, a pretty balanced team and some very good prospects.
Teemu Loizeau scored twice and I really like this kid. Richard could be our best goalie prospect since Garnier.
It's a huge win, because it can set the bar higher. The team should be safe at this level now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad