WJC: 2019 WJC U20 D1A in Füssen, Germany (9/12 - 15/12 2018)

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
So...uhhh...are we going to talk about what happened this morning?
I'm not sure how we got beat by the French. Did anyone actually see the game? Must have been some bad coaching. I did see some highlights and it seemed like we gave up a bunch of random breakaways.

Reactions: kabidjan18

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
My bold predictions for tonight game:
1) Austria scores first
2) Belarus comes back in late 1st or early 2nd
3) Final score is 6-1
4) Su24 uses this win as a convincing and final evidence of proof in his dispute(s) vs kabidjan18
5) Su24 starts suggesting Sapego as the center for the Sushko's line.

Reactions: ozo

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
1) Austria scores first
3) Final score is 6-1
4) Su24 uses this win as a convincing and final evidence of proof in his dispute(s) vs kabidjan18
Haha maybe. But our arguments so far have been about whether or not latvia should adopt the Belorussian system and whether or not Schutz is better than Sushko. Neither have any apparent relation with today's game.

This commentator is really not doing a great job. Silence is golden, but not in sports commentary. In the dull moments he can talk about the players, their skills, history, tell stories etc. Educate, that's the job of a commentator, to help people watch in a more educated manner.

KahunWOW

Apr 14, 2006
Germany
Honestly, I thought Bokk would show a little more. He is not bad by any means, you can regularly see flashes of his skills, but he is not as dominant as I expected. Hopefully tomorrow is Bokk-Day!

Reactions: Frannel

Pardus

Sep 25, 2017
Oulu, Finland
I'm from Finland and been cheering for Latvian hockey about 20 years but still I like @su24 's attitude. He knows a lot about Belarusian hockey and is proud of what Lukashenko, state and federation have done to raise the level of ice hockey in Belarus. There's nothing wrong with that. Belarus has nothing to be ashamed of what comes to hockey. Men's national team will get promoted and they can also achieve something in the near future with their promising talents.

MHL wasn't the right option for Belarusian teams but for Latvia it is the only option because with population around 2 million there is no chance to create junior league competitive enough. Maybe Baltic junior hockey league some day but it's in the faaaaaar future.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
The guy just doesn't have a very good grasp of the English language.

It's a common expression in Russian, and I guess he thinks everyone can understand him if he just translates all the words directly into English.

Actually, it's one of the reasons why Belarus is so stagnant, and not just in hockey. Barely anyone speaks English there.
That quote was golden. I died laughing :laugh:

I'm not sure how we got beat by the French. Did anyone actually see the game? Must have been some bad coaching. I did see some highlights and it seemed like we gave up a bunch of random breakaways.
I watched just the last like 5 minutes, it was all Latvia. France was basically running a 5v5 PK.

su24

Sep 30, 2017
I just give up on the stats trackers at this WJC. A blind squirrel could see that Alistrov was the one who passed to Deryabin, but they assign assist to Baltruk who wasn't even on the ice.

su24

Sep 30, 2017
Belarus coaches disrespect Austria. They just sent 4th line on the PP: Polischuk, Oksentyuk and Gabrus.

su24

Sep 30, 2017
I just noticed that Protas and Alistrov who scored on the previous PP didn't get a chance to play on the next one.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I just noticed that Protas and Alistrov who scored on the previous PP didn't get a chance to play on the next one.

pretty pitiful to express the statement "I just noticed that Protas and Alistrov who scored on the previous PP didn't get a chance to play on the next one" as "Belarus coaches disrespect Austria". In case you haven't noticed one is a lot different than the other.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
Haha that was pretty ironic. I was just complaining that Zitz didn't get enough PK time. To be fair to me, Zitz should be the one taking the faceoffs, not Harnisch, Zitz averaged like 70% when he was a center and Tim is usually a winger.

su24

Sep 30, 2017
pretty pitiful to express the statement "I just noticed that Protas and Alistrov who scored on the previous PP didn't get a chance to play on the next one" as "Belarus coaches disrespect Austria". In case you haven't noticed one is a lot different than the other.
When a team doesn't want to use its best players against another team usually means they don't take the opponent seriously, aka disrespect it. Look at the sequence prior to the 3rd goal: they sent Gabrus to take offensive face-off and he didn't even try to win it cause he can't. He had Polischuk and Oksentyuk on the wings. They use the 4th line like it's a 1st. On the very next shift they substitute Sushko for Anosov as a 1st line center and score.
And you can see again what Alistrov and Protas can do on the PP. 3 points for Alistrov. And you can't tell that Austrian team loses because it's too young: those two both are 2001.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
Shots were 6-D and 10-F, 37.5% and 62.5%.
1) Austria scores first
3) Final score is 6-1
You got the GD right, but I was thinking this morning like "scoring first and scoring a goal at all, you're being pretty generous" haha

su24

Sep 30, 2017
1) Austria scores first
3) Final score is 6-1
I thought that "Sapego at center" was some kind of a bad joke (I got used to those here), but then I just found that suggestion posted by that respectable person on another forum. I'm not as radical as him, so you missed on that one. But that poster knows our junior hockey much better than me, so what can I say...

Last edited:

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
I'm from Finland and been cheering for Latvian hockey about 20 years but still I like @su24 's attitude. He knows a lot about Belarusian hockey and is proud of what Lukashenko, state and federation have done to raise the level of ice hockey in Belarus. There's nothing wrong with that. Belarus has nothing to be ashamed of what comes to hockey. Men's national team will get promoted and they can also achieve something in the near future with their promising talents.

MHL wasn't the right option for Belarusian teams but for Latvia it is the only option because with population around 2 million there is no chance to create junior league competitive enough. Maybe Baltic junior hockey league some day but it's in the faaaaaar future.
Clearly, you don't know much about Belarus OR you're some sort of a Soviet-loving nutter for the lack of a better word.

Hockey is popular in Belarus. How many goddamn countries are there in the world? A hockey-loving nation with a population of 10 million people is not capable of making the top 16 in the world consistently? And you're praising them? They have squandered so much potential it's ridiculous.

It annoys me to no end that they can't get things in order. There's a bunch of random North American imports playing for them FFS! Their hockey system is a joke.

And, no, we don't need the MHL. It's an enormous waste of time and resources. It hasn't brought us a single elite player in a decade.

kunabai

Aug 10, 2011
Minsk
@Namejs, corrected this for you.

HC Dinamo Minsk is quite popular in Belarus.

And attendance of their matches declines since the results are crap this year.

A not-any-sport-except-maybe-football-aka-soccer-loving nation which...

Please, don't buy into those stereotypes of Belarusians being crazy with their hockey. Outside of WC's and Dinamo there is close to no interest. It's still a popular sport here with a noticeable portion of politics in it, but soccer is bigger, biathlon had much better TV-ratings few last years and so on.

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
Clearly, you don't know much about Belarus OR you're some sort of a Soviet-loving nutter for the lack of a better word.

Hockey is popular in Belarus. How many goddamn countries are there in the world? A hockey-loving nation with a population of 10 million people is not capable of making the top 16 in the world consistently? And you're praising them? They have squandered so much potential it's ridiculous.

It annoys me to no end that they can't get things in order. There's a bunch of random North American imports playing for them FFS! Their hockey system is a joke.
My favorite part every year :popcorn:

Reactions: kabidjan18

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad