WJC: 2019 WJC U20 D1A in Füssen, Germany (9/12 - 15/12 2018)

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
So does Belarus have their patented 4 goal 3rd period in them this time? I’d advise them to try and get a couple before it comes to that first though.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Terrible stick penalties in neutral zone since game one is a theme for Belarus. Combine that with a goalie issues and here we are, with a mountain to climb yet again. :(

Pardus

Sep 25, 2017
Oulu, Finland
Clearly, you don't know much about Belarus OR you're some sort of a Soviet-loving nutter for the lack of a better word.
I know a lot about Belarus, lack of democracy because of Lukashenko etc. I'm not a "Soviet-loving nutter". I've been living in Estonia and I know exactly deportations to Siberia and all the other shit that happened during Soviet era.

Still it doesn't make the fact disappear that Lukashenko has done quite a lot for hockey in Belarus. I didn't say I like his authoritarian politics.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Just try not to say something before it’s over. We don’t need your jinxing powers this time. I’d like to see Germany back up in the top group for the first time in a while, they’re likely the team that would bring the best roster next year.
No no, I've learned my lesson and kept quiet.

You should not have said the last sentence for the sanity of this thread though :help:

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
I really did not see this coming. I just hope they don't blow this chance vs. France.
It would be really nice if this group with Bokk, Schütz, Seider, Hane and then hopefully Stützle and Peterka would get a chance to play at the top level next year.

Reactions: Frannel

KahunWOW

Apr 14, 2006
Germany
Thats what I am afraid of as well. They were celebrating like they already won the tournament.

Btw Valenti like last game with another strong showing.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
5-1 Belarus win? Yeah, I figured. Seider was too young. Bokk plays pond hockey. No one has ever heard of Schutz. The bottom line couldn't sustain pressure like the Belorussian bottom lines could. No one could compete with Belarus.

Oh wait...
Even though I root for Belarus, I enjoy how badly su24 posts have aged.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Btw Valenti like last game with another strong showing.
I hope he gets some confidence and brings it back to the WHL. International play has done wonders to some underachieving prospects and hopefully, this gets him going as well. He is a talented guy, no doubt but looks like really struggled with the NA transition.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
5-1 Belarus win? Yeah, I figured. Seider was too young. Bokk plays pond hockey. No one has ever heard of Schutz. The bottom line couldn't sustain pressure like the Belorussian bottom lines could. No one could compete with Belarus.

Oh wait...
As a FLA fan, can anyone give me some sort of short summary on Schutz? I watched the first game but the vid was pretty bad.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
I hope he gets some confidence and brings it back to the WHL. International play has done wonders to some underachieving prospects and hopefully, this gets him going as well. He is a talented guy, no doubt but looks like really struggled with the NA transition.
Here's my opinion on Valenti, and Germans can feel free to object, because I will absolutely grant they're more knowledgeable on the subject.

I anticipated that he'd be significantly less effective in the CHL and so far it looks like I anticipated correctly. The level of the DNL is really low, from the games I've seen it's hardly better than the EBYSL. Outside of the one team in Mannheim, teams are incredibly slow, and on international ice. If you look at the goal today he scored against Belarus, that's what he'd be able to do basically at will in the DNL. Skate circles along the perimeter until he saw an opening and step in to take a shot. It's a lot harder to do that in the CHL because the opposing players are faster and the rink is literally narrower. So players whose speed was their crutch in the DNL struggle in a way that players who were perhaps slower skaters, like Taro Jentzsch or the great you-know-who, can make the transition more easily because their games were built around puck-possession and quick decision making.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
How has Bokk looked?
Pretty meh really, considering the competition. Just trying to do too much in the first games and by no means dominant in later ones. But it's probably more of a result of an immature mindset than the lack of skill. He came into the tournament expecting to skate laps around traffic cones it seems and after it didn't work he probably was at that "so what should I really do" stage. But the 5th game might be his best, I wouldn't be surprised at all. Belarus was, after all, a quality competition and he finished with 2 points which isn't bad at all.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Norway beats Latvia, and Austria ahead late against France. If this hold it'll be France at Latvia tied at 3 points with France having won that h2h game, so barring Latvia getting something tomorrow from Belarus they'd go down

The Norway implosion against Belarus has me even more frustrated now. Even if they won they would have still likely needed to beat Germany but it would have given them a chance to promote. I wanted to see MEP at the elite level. Oh well.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
The Norway implosion against Belarus has me even more frustrated now. Even if they won they would have still likely needed to beat Germany but it would have given them a chance to promote. I wanted to see MEP at the elite level. Oh well.
I Germany has way more players worthy of being seen at the elite level. It just wouldn't seem right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad