Transfer: 2019 Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
I can just speak for myself but PSG is pretty known here due to Raí, Ronaldinho and Nene.
Comparatively speaking anyways. Milan has had guys like Kaka, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Dida, Thiago Silva, Robinho, Pato, Cafu, Serginho, etc. Kaka especially since he was in his prime when these players were likely starting to take the sport seriously, and now he's back working with the club.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
If we do decide to make a trade, Rashford is by far my main target, but Martial wouldn't be too bad . Don't want anything to do with Bailly, he's a worst off version of Mustafi.
Bailly does have some donkey-like qualities in him, but I like his upside as a defender.

Agreed with Martial, he would be a coup. We can then also sell Welbeck with that move.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Why would United trade anything for Ramsey when they can sign him on a free if they want him?

Also lol at United giving up Rashford or Martial for Ramsey even if he had a contract.
Why did United trade for Alexis when they could've signed him for free if they want him? The player preferred to join City and they bolstered the wages for him.

Similarly, Ramsey prefers joining Liverpool by all accounts. And United will need to compete to get his signature first - as they did with Alexis.

It'll be funny if they both end up on the same team though - considering they allegedly fought multiple times in the last few seasons together. Love it.

Reactions: robertmac43

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
RM after Rodrygo this winter and Neymar + Eriksen in the summer.

Wonder if this is classic Perez deflecting attention away from his #1 target - Hazard.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Well, you lot might be in trouble because he's on the pathway to asking a transfer out if Mourinho is still your manager in January (similar to Mkhi and Sanchez). Mourinho didn't want him so he allowed Mkhi to leave, Martial can absolutely follow the same suit.
Same way that De Gea has been rumored to be asking out. Or the same way that Herrera did. Or Shaw. Or Pogba. Or Bailly. Or Jones. Or Smalling. So until he is actually moved I think we are fine.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Comparatively speaking anyways. Milan has had guys like Kaka, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Dida, Thiago Silva, Robinho, Pato, Cafu, Serginho, etc. Kaka especially since he was in his prime when these players were likely starting to take the sport seriously, and now he's back working with the club.
Out of these, only Kaka and Silva were in their prime and of significance importance in the NT then.
And still the point wasn't that Milan wasn't important, it's that PSG is very much a brand name in Brazil.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Leonardo is a legend in Brazil and his word carries a lot of weight. Kaka also played a big role in bring the kid in the fold, hopefully under Leonardo, we return where we belong.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
According to some sources, this guy could be the most expensive defensman in the transfer history.

Interesting for a guy, that was in his first profi games laugh down. The fans from MsHK Zilina wondered, if he could play regional league, not even in B team.

But hard work paid off.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
I'm sure they guys will move this, but yeah, I expect him to go for stupid money once he wants to leave Inter.
Most expensive CB...? Probably only until De Ligt moves.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
RM after Rodrygo this winter and Neymar + Eriksen in the summer.

Wonder if this is classic Perez deflecting attention away from his #1 target - Hazard.

Well Rodrygo is a done deal, it would just be accelerating the actual move ala Barça and Yerry. Neymar? Player would have to make a massive push for the move, have a buyout in his contract or Madrid would have to offer stupid money. Eriksen I could see, but that would likely mean Modric leaving, which I could also see. Hazard I could definitely see. Would rather they signed Hazard than Neymar.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I don't get this Neymar obsession by Real Madrid. Maybe it's to stick it out to Barcelona's face. Because marketing wise his reputation has fell off a cliff since the world cup. My girlfriend is brazilian and she showed so many video originating from Brazil ridiculing him. They appreciate his talent but feel he is a poor example to what they want to be.

As for Hazard he has brought his game to another level this year. He has taken over so many games with Chelsea and if Madrid are not interested this summer (with the player publicly claiming he would love to join them) with one year left on his current deal then nothing will change that.

Personally if I was Madrid I would aim for the french stars: Kante(he should be #1 target of all clubs to be honest), Pogba, Mbappé or Hazard and stay far away from Neymar.

Last edited:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I don't get this Neymar obsession by Real Madrid. Maybe it's to stick it out to Barcelona's face. Because marketing wise his reputation has fell off a cliff since the world cup. My girlfriend is brazilian and she showed so many video originating from Brazil ridiculing him. They appreciate his talent but feel he is a poor example to what they want to be.

As for Hazard he has brought his game to another level this year. He has taken over so many games with Chelsea and if Madrid are not interested this summer (with the player publicly claiming he would love to join them) with one year left on his current deal then nothing will change that.

Personally if I was Madrid I would aim for the french stars: Kante(he should be #1 target of all clubs to be honest), Pogba, Mbappé or Hazard and stay far away from Neymar.

Wow, a Brazilian girlfriend. Does she have an older sister?

Meh, Neymar is still better than Hazard. I don't like either player much personally, but only reason I'd take Hazard over Neymar would be because the operation would be much cheaper.

I agree they shouldn't be targeting Neymar. Indeed I don't think they are. Still Kante (definitely shouldn't be #1 target for Barça) and some of the other names you mentioned don't guarantee immediate success even were they to somehow get all of them.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Honestly at this point the power play by Real Madrid should be to go for Mbappé. Not sure that he'd go, or that PSG would allow him to, but if they're looking to 'life after CR7' Mbappé seems like the safest bet. Neymar and Hazard are great but they're not going to be bringing the level that Messi and (to a lesser extent) Ronaldo brought. I do think that Neymar has the talent but I just don't think he handles the pressure of being 'the man' as well.

Though again, as mentioned, one player doesn't fix a problem in today's age if you don't have the right coach/structure in place.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Not sure that he'd go, or that PSG would allow him to, but if they're looking to 'life after CR7' Mbappé seems like the safest bet

I was thinking the same thing but I doubt it happens before the Summer of 2020. Just seems to soon on many accounts

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
There’s a whole lotta meh

Yeah I cannot say I would be a fan of the move, albeit due to Ramsey being one of my favourite footballers. The whle situation frustrates me, hate seeing players contract talks get to this point....

I also try to say optimistic though so if Herrera does come over I'll give him a chance.

Reactions: Gecklund

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Yeah I cannot say I would be a fan of the move, albeit due to Ramsey being one of my favourite footballers. The whle situation frustrates me, hate seeing players contract talks get to this point....

I also try to say optimistic though so if Herrera does come over I'll give him a chance.

Of course. I wouldn’t write off man players before they played a game for a team, but yeah Herrera isn’t someone that inspires confidence in me that’s for sure.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
There’s a whole lotta meh

different players, but Herrara would be a fantastic get. Herrera is a freaking beast. He can control the tempo of a match like few, very underrated player. He's a good passer, tackler, good vision, shots from distance, etc. Ramsey is a nice player, but he isn't that great as an AM and is a defensive liability playing deeper.

Reactions: Gecklund

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018

Dude's got a great work-rate and is very solid defensively. I wouldn't view him as a Ramsey replacement per say , and just more as good business. To get a starting calibre CM in his prime on a free ( who fits Emery's system) is solid stuff.

Roma has been linked to him for months as well , though, I doubt we'd match Arsenal wage offers.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Holy hell, I am starting to understand why other fans dislike the EPL. Man United players getting insanely overvalued in this thread, there are like three who I would take on Arsenal (nobody else).

different players, but Herrara would be a fantastic get. Herrera is a freaking beast. He can control the tempo of a match like few, very underrated player. He's a good passer, tackler, good vision, shots from distance, etc. Ramsey is a nice player, but he isn't that great as an AM and is a defensive liability playing deeper.
I echo these comments, there are a handful of players who will blossom into wonderful flowers once they get off of "HMS Black-spot United" lead by Pirate Captain Jose "Blameless""Nightmare""Sexist""Blackhole" Mourinho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad