2019 - What is everyone looking forward to?

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
This year for me is all about getting things in the back log done and just rocking a lot of smash.

I forget if Metroid 4 is coming out this year but that would 100% be the take away for me this year.

Reactions: Do Make Say Think

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
The Switch line up is really, really promising

Luigi's Mansion 3
Animal Crossing
Yoshi's Crafted World
Pokemon
Town
Crash Team Racing
Fire Emblem: Three Houses
and a lot more

I'm hopeful for Dragon Quest XI and Metroid Prime 4 this year, too

Reactions: robertmac43

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I forgot to mention and I'm surprised nobody else mentioned Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. It's going to be a spiritual successor to the Castlevania series and is being produced by Koji Igarashi, who produced most of the Castlevania games.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Playing catch up on games I missed in 2018. RDR2, Fallout 76, Monster Hunter World etc.

For news I want to hear definitive info on Borderlands 3

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Dunno if it'll hit 2019 either but I just remembered they're making Nioh 2.

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
I got a huge back log of games right now.

Persona 5
Fallout 4
God of War
RDR2
FFX
FFX-2
FFXII
South Park

Might mix in another playthrough of Witcher 3.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
OMG i forgot about the new Fire Emblem! So pumped for that even though it means nintendo will force another fire emblem character into smash.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
The Switch line up is really, really promising

Luigi's Mansion 3
Animal Crossing
Yoshi's Crafted World
Pokemon
Town
Crash Team Racing
Fire Emblem: Three Houses
and a lot more

I'm hopeful for Dragon Quest XI and Metroid Prime 4 this year, too

Not gonna lie, the Switch 2019 line up is probably the biggest reason as to why I created this thread.

I understand quite a few of those are popular but holy **** does nothing on it interest me. Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon was legit so there is hope for the 3rd game but that's not much.

If I don't get Metroid Prime 4 news soon I might just sell my Switch (I just sold me PS4)

Reactions: Eternal Sunshine

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Can't wait for the RE2 remake. Looks f***ing amazing. The only other mainline RE game I played less than RE2 was RE6.

I'll have more things to be pumped for in the year, but that's at least this month.

Reactions: Do Make Say Think

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
Not gonna lie, the Switch 2019 line up is probably the biggest reason as to why I created this thread.

I understand quite a few of those are popular but holy **** does nothing on it interest me. Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon was legit so there is hope for the 3rd game but that's not much.

If I don't get Metroid Prime 4 news soon I might just sell my Switch (I just sold me PS4)

There was a possible leak that happened this week for Prime that had a release date of Novemember this year

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
It's a game where you live in a town and stuff. You help out other animals (residents), decorate a house, buy and sell stuff.

(I haven't played since the Gamecube one, so maybe a lot has changed.)

A timesink with no discernible purpose or end-point:

I'm not embedding it because there's swearing in the thumbnail

Weirdly enough, that sounds like the type of thing I might waste time in. :laugh:

Would it have a similar appeal to something like Stardew Valley? I played the absolute crap out of that game. Twice.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Weirdly enough, that sounds like the type of thing I might waste time in. :laugh:

Would it have a similar appeal to something like Stardew Valley? I played the absolute crap out of that game. Twice.
I think there could be some crossover. Definitely has an insanely devoted following, much like SDV.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Just found out about War Groove. Looks like a really cool game with some Advanced War vibes. Coming out across all platforms but I think it will be perfect on the Switch with that portability.

Reactions: Eternal Sunshine
Sep 19, 2008
Yakuza Kiwami on PC. It says coming soon on Steam for months now! It SHOULD come out in 2019 but there's no set date. :cry:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad