2019 - What is everyone looking forward to?

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
nothing too appealing to me on Xbox coming this year

but I just got a Switch so I am excited for Animal Crossing and whatever else comes out. pretty much any Nintendo game is going to be good

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
2019:
Total War: Three Kingdoms
Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord
Age of Empires 4.
The Division 2.
Anthem
Elderscrolls Online: Elswer chapter expansion.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Some people are breaking NDA for the Dreams beta that's going on right now and... it looks like you can pretty much make whatever you want in this thing.

So far I've seen recreations of Dead Space and PT.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Im looking forward to The Division 2. I put A LOT!!!! of hours into The Division, and seeing what they tried to improved upon with the sequel, Im very excited.

Anthem looks interesting as well, but its EA, so Im hesitant. Hopefully the demo will help me make up my mind.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
2019:
Total War: Three Kingdoms
Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord
Age of Empires 4.
The Division 2.
Anthem
Elderscrolls Online: Elswer chapter expansion.

I am assuming speculation on this? Unless I am missing something, I only still see talk from the reveal trailer back in mid 2017. No news since.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I am assuming speculation on this? Unless I am missing something, I only still see talk from the reveal trailer back in mid 2017. No news since.

I fully expect it to be cancelled, just like any recent attempt to revive old RTS franchises.

Call me cynical, I guess.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
I fully expect it to be cancelled, just like any recent attempt to revive old RTS franchises.

Call me cynical, I guess.
Makes me sad if so but you are most likely right. Never understood why they couldn't sell the idea of more AOE games when there is such a cult following (and the $$$ that have followed)

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
I've a number of friends who have comitted to playing Anthem when it comes out as a group, which for me is huge because I can't get them to play anything of the League of Legends. So, if Anthem sucks it'll sour 2019 for me game-wise because I really don't see anything else coming out this year that I'll jacked up about.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Makes me sad if so but you are most likely right. Never understood why they couldn't sell the idea of more AOE games when there is such a cult following (and the $$$ that have followed)

Well they all seem to be working on re-releases and remasters, but nobody seems to want to actually take the plunge and build a new AAA RTS game from a beloved franchise (well, except Blizzard a while back with SC2).

I have a hard time believing they couldn't make money on such an endeavour, but I imagine the problem is they couldn't make enough money to make the shareholders happy.

For one thing, I imagine it's harder to put modern money-making mechanics into RTS.

Reactions: sa cyred

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I have yet to play any Borderlands games. They're a great example of AAA games that just have zero appeal to me.

I had a similar lack of interest in the Borderlands games and hadn't played any until last year. When I finally played the first one, 9 years after it was released, though, I found that I actually liked it, enough to look forward to playing the sequels eventually.

In contrast, the Assassin's Creed games appealed to me until I finally played a bunch of them and realized that I don't like them at all.

In both cases, I wish that I would've simply played one a lot earlier to either confirm or contradict my pre-judgment so that I wouldn't have gone for so long misjudging them.

Last edited:

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
The thing is though, it’s not like I feel a sense of urgency to play more games. I already have more games than I could ever complete so I view screening out games that just don’t appeal to me at the most basic level as just managing my time. Im just not likely to give sci-fi shooters a chance because the genre as a whole doesn’t appeal to me.

Of course there are exceptions. I adored Mass Effect 2, but at the same time, I’ve never played any other ME games because I just don’t care.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
The thing is though, it’s not like I feel a sense of urgency to play more games. I already have more games than I could ever complete so I view screening out games that just don’t appeal to me at the most basic level as just managing my time. Im just not likely to give sci-fi shooters a chance because the genre as a whole doesn’t appeal to me.

I completely understand. I'm in the same boat with having more games than I can realistically play. I'm not saying that pre-judgment is wrong. It's necessary to whittle down all games to a selection that you do have the time and money for. I'm just pointing out that, sometimes, that pre-judgment is wrong and it pays to give a game (at least a critically acclaimed and beloved one) a chance before making a final judgment (even if it takes nearly a decade because your backlog is so long, like with me).

BTW, Borderlands isn't so much a sci-fi shooter. It's more of a post-apocalyptic shooter. It's closer to Fallout than Mass Effect. It's what Rage should've been and Rage 2 hopefully will be.

Reactions: Pilky01

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Shin Megami Tensei V
Fire Emblem Three Houses
(Hopefully) P5 on Switch
Pokémon on Switch

Cyberpunk if it’s coming out this year, but I doubt it. That’s basically it.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I have yet to play any Borderlands games. They're a great example of AAA games that just have zero appeal to me.

Destiny, Anthem....basically any AAA FPS game makes my eyes glaze over.

Borderlands 2 is legit great though. I am not much of an FPS guy but I had an absolute blast with it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->