Edmonton
2bmmKbH.png

Smoke Forecast - FireSmoke.ca

Edmonton East, Alberta, Canada Air Pollution: Real-time Air Quality Index

Last edited:
Reactions: tinfish

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
It is certainly worse now than earlier today as in the smoke is smellable and noticeable even in doors for me.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
It was #5 or #6 yellow outside for a few hours today. The smoke has gotten worse here and I can smell it indoors now (south Edmonton).

Last edited:

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
It is certainly worse now than earlier today as in the smoke is smellable and noticeable even in doors for me.
It's been getting worse steadily since around 4pm. Cleared a bit after noon (when it was darkest, street lights were even on), but it's pretty awful now.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I have had Let It Burn (Live in Telia Parken) by Volbeat on continual loop for the past 2 hours.

This is f***ing nuts.

6FE32E47-1541-46A0-81E3-9AABAFA2B0E0.jpeg

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
today is worse than those bunch of "bad" days we had last summer. wtf is going on these past few years?? is this what we should expect every summer???

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
today is worse than those bunch of "bad" days we had last summer. wtf is going on these past few years?? is this what we should expect every summer???

Apparently. Don’t mention this to potential UFA prospects.....

Reactions: HK97

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
At 5am this morning it was Blade Runner 2049 level orange and mellowed to a yellow during the afternoon.

I go into John Wick 3 come out and walking to the car I needed a gas mask. The 23rd ave overpass looking over calgary trail to downtown couldnt see anything past 2-3 light poles.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007

Climate change has facilitated conditions that multiply the odds of fires starting and for those fires to be hard to contain. It's not a guarantee but the odds of something in the area being on fire are only going to increase year over year. Things will burn and it'll just be a matter of whether or not what's burning is close enough to Edmonton to affect air quality like this.

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
Climate change has facilitated conditions that multiply the odds of fires starting and for those fires to be hard to contain. It's not a guarantee but the odds of something in the area being on fire are only going to increase year over year. Things will burn and it'll just be a matter of whether or not what's burning is close enough to Edmonton to affect air quality like this.

Doesn't help that it is another el nino season, as far as I can remember.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006

Your liberal agenda sickens me

*coughs out lung

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Your liberal agenda sickens me

*coughs out lung

da** those short sighted right wing fat cats! think out our air quality, more importantly think of our ODRs!!!! in the future our kids may never get to experience much of screwing around with the puck and edges on the odr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce