Blue Jays GDT: 2019 v1|Next: @CWS| Thu, May 16 | 8pm ET/5pm PT | Stroman vs Covey

Status
Not open for further replies.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Guerrero is getting squeezed by the umps something fierce and you can see it’s messing with him.

That at-bat the first strike was clearly low. Should have been 2-0, but instead it’s 1-1 and he expands the zone to swing at another low pitch. Then a marginal strike 3.

Reactions: ktownhockey

nilan30

Jan 14, 2004
Guerrero is getting squeezed by the umps something fierce and you can see it’s messing with him.

That at-bat the first strike was clearly low. Should have been 2-0, but instead it’s 1-1 and he expands the zone to swing at another low pitch. Then a marginal strike 3.
Agreed. Seems like he is trying to be patient but there seems to be a lot of marginal strike calls on him

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Agreed. Seems like he is trying to be patient but there seems to be a lot of marginal strike calls on him

It feels like there’s a marginal strike call against him almost every at-bat. It’s incredible. It’s like the umps are making a point of showing the new hotshot kid no respect.

And as a guy who knows the strike zone - and knows he knows the strike zone - you can see it’s grating on him.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Why do I always think Jose Berrios' first name is actually Manny? Every time I see his stat line come up and it says "Jose" I pause and think "wait. That's not right, is it?"

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Solid interview from Shapiro. He said a lot of things that I liked and think make sense. I got a good chuckle when he shot down Tabler's question about positional targets at the draft with the most common sense answer possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad