Blue Jays GDT: 2019 v1|Next: @CWS| Thu, May 16 | 8pm ET/5pm PT | Stroman vs Covey

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Well, I think we've just set a new record for "how long into the season before Buck/Pat gripe about some newfangled baseball innovation they think is wrecking the game." Buck made a point of using his opening salvo of the pre-game talk from the booth to fire a shot across the bow of the concept of the opener.

So how long did it take?

-1 hours! :laugh:

Reactions: Its not your fault

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Are you ready for some afternoon drinking! :sarcasm:

HFJaysDrink.png

thehockeysong

Nov 1, 2009
Watching the young guys develop and hoping to see a couple of them blossom means this will be a fun season for me.

Much more fun than trying to be a fringe team in my books.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
What exactly are the expectations for the blue jays this year?

Probably finish 4th in the division, outside outside shot at 3rd. Not win a ton of games, but play a lot of the kids and create a lot of hope for the next few seasons beyond this one.

Also this guy is coming:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Uh oh. Freddy Galvis might be a constant source of drinking this season. The PA uses what we've always heard his name to be (GAL-vis) while Buck constantly used an alternate pronunciation during the spring (gal-VEES)

Prepare your livers :sarcasm:

Reactions: al secord

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Uh oh. Freddy Galvis might be a constant source of drinking this season. The PA uses what we've always heard his name to be (GAL-vis) while Buck constantly used an alternate pronunciation during the spring (gal-VEES)

Prepare your livers :sarcasm:
If I have to constantly here Buck pronouncing his name like that I am 100% going to need to drink to get through this season. It isn't his first season in the league lol.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
If I have to constantly here Buck pronouncing his name like that I am 100% going to need to drink to get through this season. It isn't his first season in the league lol.

I won't be drinking drinking because it's not even 1pm here, but I've got a 500ml tumbler full of water. Let's see how many times I have to refill it today if I follow my own game's rules. :laugh:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Jack Winz Morris.

Well, you know, analytics can't define the things you need to win. He said so in his HOF speech.

(also judge's ruling is that doesn't count as an analytics rant. It has to come from Buck/Pat. Or Shulman I guess, but he's not usually one for those types of shenanigans)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad