Blue Jays GDT: 2019 v1|Next: @CWS| Thu, May 16 | 8pm ET/5pm PT | Stroman vs Covey

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoc123

Feb 23, 2014
Whenever Hernandez messes up in the outfield I’m going to start calling him Hern??dez

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Just like a Leafs GDT. Complaining about announcers, officials, and the start time. How long before we get the complaints about who’s in the lineup?

And, of course, me being an ass and complaining about the complainers.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I tried to do a little research about Galvis's name. Baseball-Reference's pronunciation guide gives "GAL-viss", which has been the norm for his career that I can remember. However, I have also seen some people discussing around the internet and on twitter say the authentic Spanish pronunciation should be "gal-VEES"

I think I'm going to have to rule that using either version is acceptable for drinking game rules, just because I don't want all the alcohol/water poisoning deaths on my hands on account of Galvis' name :laugh:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Who's that 12-year old standing with Barrett and Williamson? It's nice that they got a kid there to take some pi- oh my god, it's Stroman. :laugh:

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Argh Sportsnet has the strike zone box actually over the plate now as an annoying distraction rather than moved off to the side by the score graphic where it used to be.

Rysto

Oct 3, 2009
The badlands
Is nobody on the broadcast going to talk about the play that Smoak made to keep that throw out of the dugout?

Edit: Also, how did I miss that Stroman has won a Gold Glove?

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Although i am happy to see Stroman pitching "well" in the 6th i would be ready to count my blessings as he isnt pitching that "well". 79 pitches only 56% of the have been strikes and he has 4 walks. Zimmerman is actually pitching well, 55 pitches, 63% strikes and no walks.

hoc123

Feb 23, 2014
Although i am happy to see Stroman pitching "well" in the 6th i would be ready to count my blessings as he isnt pitching that "well". 79 pitches only 56% of the have been strikes and he has 4 walks. Zimmerman is actually pitching well, 55 pitches, 63% strikes and no walks.
Yeah but Zimmerman isn't striking many people out and he isn't getting a lot of ground balls. Both pitchers are pitching okay but not as spectacular as it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad