WC: 2019 US Roster Discussion Part II

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
It wasn't a lopsided period at all but when you make mistakes against Canada they'll bury them. Martinez didn't corral the puck on the first one (Eichel's pass wasn't good either) and then didn't take his man. JVR with the awful turnover on the second one. You'll get away with those against the lesser teams but not from here on out.

Defense is way too active, especially guys that shouldn't be, i.e. Skjei.

Gaudreau is creating out there but he's rusty.

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
Its just nightmare that whole top six in D are left handed. I think Blashill should play Fox over Skjei. Then when you gift couple goals with stupid mistakes everything goes from bad to worst. Overall it was okay but it is just so hard to see that they could beat these top teams with this D group.

Reactions: William H Bonney

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Canada does a great job collapsing and blocking shots compared to us.

We're doing better getting sustained pressure this half but we're missing the net too much.

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
Only scenario that is lighter, is being the #1 seed playing the #4 seed. Russia, Czechs and Sweden will be tough. But the quarters are always hard.
Switzerland is on par with Czechs and Sweden, they almost beat both, so it doesn’t matter much who you get. B group is way stronger this year, they basically scored 40 goals in group with 5 legitimate QF contenders.

Friar85

Dec 16, 2013
In another thread someone commented, you can’t measure your tournament until after the quarters. Beat Russia and it is a hell of a tourney right? That’s what I am telling myself now anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad