GDT: 2019 Trade Deadline: Part Two/ The Wrath of Holland

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
I actually wouldn't mind re-signing Howard for a season, maybe two, depending on who you draft this summer, because you can continue to tank with Howard in net and the Wings really haven't drafted among the first few yet. I think if you re-sign Howard through 2021-22 to expose him to expansion, that would probably just make him retire before his contract is up. That might be a worthwhile experiment or it might backfire.

Holland, I think, will re-sign him until he's 39 or 40 though.

Last edited:

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Two other things, there's rumblings of Edmonton offering Pulujarvi if it means taking Lucic. I'd absolutely entertain that offer.

Additionally, Columbus is dangling Sonny Milano who I would also be interested in, he had terrific chemistry with Larkin at the 2014 WJC's.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Two other things, there's rumblings of Edmonton offering Pulujarvi if it means taking Lucic. I'd absolutely entertain that offer.

Additionally, Columbus is dangling Sonny Milano who I would also be interested in, he had terrific chemistry with Larkin at the 2014 WJC's.
No thanks on touching that lucic contract.

Reactions: Lil Bert

LazyT

Feb 24, 2010
Michigan.
Sounds like Nyquist veto’d a trade to *San Jose*. Curious if there’s any truth behind it.

Edit: Winnipeg is the team in question. Not San Jose.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lil Bert

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
The best place Lucic's contract maybe Ottawa. They may have trouble reaching the cap floor.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
What do the sharks have in the way of picks? Don’t they have neither of their 1sts for the next two drafts?

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
Strickland is pretty legit and that’s a recent tweet.

I would be shocked if SJ deals Florida’s 2 this year considering they are without their 1 and 3 already. Perhaps next years 2 and a prospect?

In a perfect world, it would be for Chemelveski.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

I would be shocked if SJ deals Florida’s 2 this year considering they are without their 1 and 3 already. Perhaps next years 2 and a prospect?

The condition on San Jose’s 2nds is that Ottawa gets the higher of the two. So, you’d almost certainly get SJ’s and Ottawa would get Florida’s.

My guess is it would be for Dylan Gambrell+2nd. I don’t think Chmelevski is on the table for a rental.

Reactions: DInTheB

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base

Would a 2nd (whatever year) & Chem be overpayment by SJ? I noticed Chem during the WJC iirc & was impressed.

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
I wonder if Ken have Wilson an opportunity to discuss a contract with Gus and his agent after the game.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
As a Sharks fan, I’m curious about this as well. I have been stalking all Nyquist news as well and I read that he was willing to waive his NTC.

sounds pretty doubtful

the way his ntc works is that prior to the deadline he provided a list of 15 teams that he isn't willing to accept trades to

I guess it's possible that san jose was on that list and the wings asked him to waive it regardless but he doesn't exactly have the control to veto individual trades if they aren't on the list

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
sounds pretty doubtful

the way his ntc works is that prior to the deadline he provided a list of 15 teams that he isn't willing to accept trades to

I guess it's possible that san jose was on that list and the wings asked him to waive it regardless but he doesn't exactly have the control to veto individual trades if they aren't on the list
It is an NTC, not a M-NTC. He has absolute veto power.

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
The condition on San Jose’s 2nds is that Ottawa gets the higher of the two. So, you’d almost certainly get SJ’s and Ottawa would get Florida’s.

My guess is it would be for Dylan Gambrell+2nd. I don’t think Chmelevski is on the table for a rental.

What is Chmelevski projected to be, RW or C? Gambrell is a very nice AHL rookie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad