GDT: 2019 Trade Deadline: Part Two/ The Wrath of Holland

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
My expectations... One or two trades. Jensen was a nice move. I expect Nyquist to go, and one of Howard, Daley, Kronwall to be moved.

Maybe Holland surprises us all and deals a younger player with team control?

I hope we get prospects and pics.. but prospects or young players ready to play like Bowey. Gives us the rest of the year to watch, hope for development and see if there is a future for that player.

Let's go Kenny!!! Everyone should be a Holland fan for the next 24 hours and hope for the best.

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
I've been predicting Nyquist and Jensen would be traded, but I also thought a team that's basically set and likes it's chances, like Tampa Bay, might just want to pick up Witkowski to watch over their assets.

It seems to me you could have a lot of toughness on reserve just by adding Witkowski on your team, and not have to give up much for him in terms of a future draft pick. Defensively a liability of course, but he also scored one of my favorite goals last season.

Alas, no Witkowski trade buzz.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I've been predicting Nyquist and Jensen would be traded, but I also thought a team that's basically set and likes it's chances, like Tampa Bay, might just want to pick up Witkowski to watch over their assets.

It seems to me you could have a lot of toughness on reserve just by adding Witkowski on your team, and not have to give up much for him in terms of a future draft pick. Defensively a liability of course, but he also scored one of my favorite goals last season.

Alas, no Witkowski trade buzz.

I would just keep Witkowski. I don’t have any need for a conditional 7th.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Wasn't the operative point of signing Vanek to flip him at the deadline? I'm not sure there is a market for him. I don't think he blocked anyone's path here, so it was ultimately hopeless, but would like to get something for him.

Truly conflicted on Nyquist. If we re-sign him, I don't know if it's the worst thing. I think he's a positive influence on Larkin, and I think he could really compliment and aid in Zadina's development, however, signing him to the five year deal he will want is definitely a terrible idea. I think ultimately, we have to bite the bullet and move him for the best return possible.

We absolutely should be focusing on collecting picks and prospects now.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Wasn't the operative point of signing Vanek to flip him at the deadline? I'm not sure there is a market for him. I don't think he blocked anyone's path here, so it was ultimately hopeless, but would like to get something for him.

Truly conflicted on Nyquist. If we re-sign him, I don't know if it's the worst thing. I think he's a positive influence on Larkin, and I think he could really compliment and aid in Zadina's development, however, signing him to the five year deal he will want is definitely a terrible idea. I think ultimately, we have to bite the bullet and move him for the best return possible.

We absolutely should be focusing on collecting picks and prospects now.
Problem is Holland rather overpay and handcuff himself then possibly letting one of his prized draft picks sign with someone else. Unless you're Fedorov of course.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad