Not open for further replies.

Iracundia

Jun 19, 2011
We want all the BJs....am I right? :nod:
tenor.gif

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
And as far as "assets" go, it might be another 3-4 years before they have that organizational depth.

Currently every top prospect is basically being counted on as an integral part of getting them to the place where they can acquire the assets necessary facilitate bigger moves.
I agree to a certain extent. I think Makar at the very least will be a gamebreak for is. But we need to have one of Jost, Kaut, Timmins, Bowers , Kamenev, Meloche or the Ottawa first hit their proper ceilings.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
What was he supposed to say exactly? Be miserable and cry that all his good players decided to leave? Dude is a scout, it's understandable that he's optimistic about pics and prospects.

He's supposed to acknowledge the pain that Sens fans have been through watching countless great players leave, and not dismiss it like an aberration. He can do that and be optimistic about the young players and prospects they have.

He's trying to fight an unwinnable battle by being so defensive about the situation.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I didn’t hear about this? How did he reject us?

I don't know if there's a direct proof that he rejected us but he (reportedly) got traded to Buffalo for next to nothing because he had a NMC and didn't want to go elsewhere. He wanted to stay on the east coast next to family and stuff.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I don't know if there's a direct proof that he rejected us but he (reportedly) got traded to Buffalo for next to nothing because he had a NMC and didn't want to go elsewhere. He wanted to stay on the east coast next to family and stuff.
Yeah, so he didn't really reject us. He rejected the western conference.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
We better not ****ing go after Eberle. I'd rather extend Brassard tomorrow morning than go after Eberle this summer.

I mean I'd certainly rather Eberle over Brassard.

But I agree that I very much hope the Avs go after neither.

IMO we need to be all in on Hayes and/or Ferland this summer. Overpay by 0.5M if we have to or give them that extra year.

And I'd also be looking heavily into the trade market at the draft especially if we make the playoffs. Dangle that 2019 1st rounder at the draft to a rebuilding team like New York for a Top 6 forward and I'm sure we'd find a good deal. Rebuilding teams always overvalue picks at the draft. Kreider, Zucker, Taylor Hall... certainly some good names that could be available if we dangle that pick.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Fenton with the new GM syndrome, trying to get rid of the old GMs guys. I don't think he's been getting great value on the Niederreiter, Coyle and Granlund trades. Didn't manage to trade Zucker as well, but he'll try again this summer.

Reactions: MacBradley

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Yeah, so he didn't really reject us. He rejected the western conference.

Fair enough, but he didn't want to join us last summer regardless of whether it was because of us specifically or our conference, so I'm doubtful he'll be an option for us this summer.
For me he is, well this is a different discussion, please continue if you want, anyway it wasn't meant as a joke! ;-)

We must have very different definitions of gritty if you're not joking when using that term with regards to Brassard. Providing some skill, intelligence, playoff experience & secondary scoring if put in a position to produce? Sure, but grit just has never been his calling card.

I mean you can wish he was gritty just like we wish Kerfoot was a gritty two-way player or that Jost & Greer could skate like Nate...but too suggest that Brassard actually is gritty (or could provide grit)? That's not even something he did when he was still good :dunno:
My joke about Brassard providing grit? I do think/wish Brassard providing some grit to the Avs.

You and CobraAcesS, such a cute couple.

Lol...

Please, Cobra could never handle dating me. That's why he chickened out and married some broad instead...

Last edited:
Reactions: 21 and CobraAcesS

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
If it makes anyone feel better (it probably won't), Friedman says Stone really wanted to go to Vegas. If it wasn't Ottawa then that's where he wanted to be and they would've had a really good chance to get him in free agency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad