WJC: 2019 Team USA Roster Talk

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
No.

He's fine when he has no pressure in his face but the second there is even a hint of said pressure he does something dumb with the puck.

The only thing he's done well in this tournament is hit people. He made one nice poke check in the first game.... which was only necessary because of a poor exit pass that led to the rush.

He then proceeded to get jobbed behind the net by a player with no stick which led to a quality chance against.

Then you are watching a different games then i am . He is making mistakes here and there but no worst than most of them . Mistake wise, Hughes makes the most but creates the most as well . St Ivany and Kemp seem to have the most problem with pressure and decision making to me and Miller has had a few bone head moments as well . This all being said they are still getting the job done time will tell .

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Have to think they will probably give Hughes one more game off as I think they really don't need him against the czechs, if the U.S plays anything like last game that should be a comfortable win with or without Hughes.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Have to think they will probably give Hughes one more game off as I think they really don't need him against the czechs, if the U.S plays anything like last game that should be a comfortable win with or without Hughes.
Yeah the czechs are not good this year.

Reactions: jj cale

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Expected Primeau to get the start, played very well last game and they had their best team performance, why mess with that?

Easy coach call IMO.

Reactions: KotkaSpicy

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Hughes is playing and Primeau in net. I don't think an upset is happening, and maybe we have a chance to win this tournament.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Then you are watching a different games then i am . He is making mistakes here and there but no worst than most of them . Mistake wise, Hughes makes the most but creates the most as well . St Ivany and Kemp seem to have the most problem with pressure and decision making to me and Miller has had a few bone head moments as well . This all being said they are still getting the job done time will tell .

Given that a part of the discussion here seems to be missing on my end, I gather that one of the people I have on ignore is trashing Samuelsson. There were a bunch of them trashing Samuelsson and Wilde after the draft because they perceived them as threats due to playing on the same team as Miller last year and having a similar draft range. They were doing the same thing with Wahlstrom because we drafted Kravtsov a pick before him.

I would suggest to ignore them and what they say. Huge homers who just want to bash other teams prospects if it could be perceived that there's any relation to their team's prospects. Its a waste of your time to argue with them.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Samuelsson has been okay to fine, WTF are some people smoking on here???

if you want to bash anyone, bash Anderson and at times Miller...Anderson has been pretty bad this entire time...Miller hasn't stepped up like I hoped from his current season, looks timid once again and is not making the right plays consistently..

time for all that to change, we need an even better game than the Finland game now that we are fully healthy...let's go boys!!

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado

I imagine just easing Hughes back into it, but I'd rather see Barratt moved to LW with Hughes at center on that line and Cates sent to the 4th line where he belongs. Also should put Chmelevski in Cockerill's spot. Hopefully Hastings isn't slow to mix things up if needed.

Will be interested to see if Hastings matches a certain line against the Czechs top line as they've loaded up Zadina/Necas/Kaut. We don't have a true shutdown line with the current lines.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York

I imagine just easing Hughes back into it, but I'd rather see Barratt moved to LW with Hughes at center on that line and Cates sent to the 4th line where he belongs. Also should put Chmelevski in Cockerill's spot. Hopefully Hastings isn't slow to mix things up if needed.

Will be interested to see if Hastings matches a certain line against the Czechs top line as they've loaded up Zadina/Necas/Kaut. We don't have a true shutdown line with the current lines.

St. Ivany also should not be getting regular shifts over Miller.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Hastings needs to find more ice time for Jack Hughes as 4:47 isn't nearly enough. He was easily the best player on the ice. Unacceptable that we had 2 PPs and he wasn't out there for either of them. Slick move and pass to spring Cates for the goal, but it was his dogged pursuit and steal in the defensive zone that started it all. He's flying and should be getting double shifted.
  • Miller...ugh. Game is just moving too fast for him right now. Some horrendous turnovers.
  • It's a delight to watch Quinn and Jack out there together, but Quinn is still struggling. He's forcing it too much and still making way too many unforced turnovers. The way he played that 2-on-2 there at the end of the period was terrible, even though Starman complimented him for it. He vacated his man without reason, which allowed an easy pass to spring his man on a break, but Quinn's skating allowed him to recover.
  • Primeau didn't see much, but was fighting the first couple of shots. Seemed to settled down after that.
  • Coaching staff need to do better with the matchups against the Zadina/Necas/Kaut line. They were the only line to really have any dangerous zone time and St. Ivany was out there for one of those shifts and Miller out there for another. Those guys shouldn't be playing enough for that to happen.

Joe Zanussi

Jul 15, 2011
After last years tourney I was so excited about this year’s d corps. It’s amazing that it’s the part of the team I worry about most now. St Ivany is a heart attack...haven’t seen him make a play all tourney.

Reactions: William H Bonney

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad