Transfer: 2019 Summer Transfers News, Rumors, and Discussion; Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Very pleased with Lo Celso looking likely. Wanted him and N´Dombele (obviously with Eriksen staying - so not all perfect). Don´t care too much about Sessegnon. With Rose staying Spurs can buy Sessegnon next summer. Happy if he comes, but not a huge deal if he doesn´t.

Just get Lo Celso done. Then Spurs are stronger than last year at least - even if Eriksen leaves.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Ramos is suspect as hell. Eder Militao is better, and should they make the bold move and play him with Varane their CB pairing will be sick. They've also got Valverde in midfield who is one of the best young midfielders in the world.

I assume that Benzema will be phased out even though he's still elite because of the whole new toy thing but...

Jovic
Hazard - Neymar - Vazquez
Casemiro - Valverde
Marcelo - Varane - Militao - Carvajal
Navas​

That's pretty dang strong. I'd look for a better midfielder to partner Valverde though (unless Casemiro gets his usual carte blanche to do whatever he wants).

vazquez? why would he start?

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Very pleased with Lo Celso looking likely. Wanted him and N´Dombele (obviously with Eriksen staying - so not all perfect). Don´t care too much about Sessegnon. With Rose staying Spurs can buy Sessegnon next summer. Happy if he comes, but not a huge deal if he doesn´t.

Just get Lo Celso done. Then Spurs are stronger than last year at least - even if Eriksen leaves.

I'm pleased that we are getting Sess now. Fulham will just keep playing him as a winger.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I'm pleased that we are getting Sess now. Fulham will just keep playing him as a winger.

I see the benefit, but only at the right price. If Fulham are idiots about it risking losing him almost for free 12 months from now - so be it. Paying anything close to 30m for Sessegnon would be madness - unless Fulham are paying 20m for Onomah.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
The David Luiz transfer is comically bad. Oh Arsenal, you never fail to let me down.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I think it is a good move. Defensively I could see him and Mustafi really hitting it off.

davemess

Apr 9, 2003
Scotland
The David Luiz transfer is comically bad. Oh Arsenal, you never fail to let me down.
Would only really make sense if they are committing to playing 3 at the back going forward. They did it at times last year but nobody seems to really grab that central role and Luiz has done it before.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
vazquez? why would he start?
Because he is a pretty good player, a very good roleplayer and a hard worker, and players like that are needed to be the glue for teams full of superstars with big egos. They also don't really have a ton of RW options.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Probably 20Mish for Luiz. While his defense can leave something to be desired, his balls over the top to Arsenal's attackers will lead to quite a few goals IMO.

Reactions: robertmac43

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Probably 20Mish for Luiz. While his defense can leave something to be desired, his balls over the top to Arsenal's attackers will lead to quite a few goals IMO.

His defense is still better than Mustafi, but yeah the passing and possession retaining abilities of Luiz would be great. Plus more possession = less opportunity to make terrible goal conceding errors.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011

Agree. As long as he can be OK defensively I think he will be a good fit for Arsenal. For 1 or maybe 2 seasons.

Odd though how things have broken down. Seemed to like it at Chelsea. Apparently very interested and supportive of their women´s team etc. - taking an interesting in Chelsea outside of just playing for them (not no I don´t think that is down to his sexual desires).

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
It’s easy to see why he wanted to leave Chelsea. They committed to a strategy that should see them quite far off qualifying for the CL again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad