2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

backwards motion

Sep 29, 2017
I find it so funny and weird and ... weirder since Finns have our old commentator with suits that look like a freaking amatour painting, someone trying to make a name of himself. As for your version, they both are old men that have been around. And wear those hidious... suits if you can even call them that.

They are no trendsetters for sure. :D

But yeah, even the Finnish version of yours. Yours is at least promoting the shhhht out of the team. Every bad thing he says about you, just gives PR more ammo. And I love that everyone else is in on it, "sure, well be whatever you want us to be.. thanks for the support". And for the few years, the attendance of Carolina games has gone way up. Or course the fans come together more and players don't feel like Florida (I like them because of Barkov, sorry if that bothers someone)... but some of the most skilled players to play in front of an empty arena, must be tough. Yeah, this is my take on it, but still... the more the merrier. Don has given us a gift that we didn't know was there. Hope this continues!

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Likes are like candy. Honestly don't care who wins tonight. Boston has seemed to have the better chances but CBJ has more posts

Reactions: Unsustainable

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
The problem is the way the NHL wrote the rule. The ONLY options for a ref is a 2 min penalty or a match penalty (no Major and no Game misconduct). And in order to give a match, the rule states:

The Referee, at his discretion, may assess a match penalty if, in his judgment, the player attempted to or deliberately injured his opponent with an illegal check to the head.

The are having to determine if the player attempted to injure the guy which is kind of ridiculous, because whether you meant to do it or not, a headshot like that has a very good chance of causing injury and you know that going in. To me, it looked like the ref initially signaled that McAvoy was gone, then changed his mind.

backwards motion

Sep 29, 2017
Someone do the math. Game 7 or suspension. I can take on this is 4-0= Carolina winning. I checked the math on that. The one before that, that I don't know.

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
The problem is the way the NHL wrote the rule. The ONLY options for a ref is a 2 min penalty or a match penalty (no Major and no Game misconduct). And in order to give a match, the rule states:

The Referee, at his discretion, may assess a match penalty if, in his judgment, the player attempted to or deliberately injured his opponent with an illegal check to the head.

The are having to determine if the player attempted to injure the guy which is kind of ridiculous, because whether you meant to do it or not, a headshot like that has a very good chance of causing injury and you know that going in. To me, it looked like the ref initially signaled that McAvoy was gone, then changed his mind.
Still pisses me off more regarding the call on Ferland

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Two things I notice with the Bruins tonight.
1) They are really aggressive on the PK.
2) They do a really good job at clearing out 2nd chances in front of Rask or tying up the sticks of the Jackets. The Jackets for the most part are getting 1 shot and that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad