2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
We also upgrade a draft pick from the goose trade if they make the cup finals.

iirc

Reactions: avssuc

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
If the ref looked at a Vegas player sitting quietly on the bench, minding his own business, and gave him a 5 minute major for breathing, that still doesn't excuse the Knights for choking away 4 power play goals. Suck it up, realize that the series is infinitely more important than any frustration over a blown call, and kill the dang penalty.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
He fell like 10 steps and then ran into another guy on the way down and hit his head

I mean how long does it last? If he kept doing the chicken dance for the rest of the game and slipped in the shower is it still his fault?

The rule book isn’t for that at all....

There was secondary incidental contact that caused the issue.

It was brutal. Everyone knows it was brutal

You know what else was brutal? Vegas giving up *4*!! goals on the power play. That's disgusting. Way more disgusting than what you think is a blown call. It's on Fleury for losing his head and his teammates not helping him out. Gallant deserves some blame too. How on earth do you not call the timeout after goal 2 when San Jose goes bang bang. You still have the lead 3-2 at that point, and it would have given you a chance to calm your guys down.

Reactions: jkutswings

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
You know what else was brutal? Vegas giving up *4*!! goals on the power play. That's disgusting. Way more disgusting than what you think is a blown call. It's on Fleury for losing his head and his teammates not helping him out. Gallant deserves some blame too. How on earth do you not call the timeout after goal 2 when San Jose goes bang bang. You still have the lead 3-2 at that point, and it would have given you a chance to calm your guys down.

All of that is true. But it was a completely blown call. Thats what started it all.

Just a disaster. Trying to excuse it is nuts.

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
"Petr the Rock" is one goal from stealing this series from the champs. I'm sure glad we don't have any use for goaltending like that in Detroit.
Mrazek is a bum... Dude is the most inconsistent goalie in the League

Some months he looks like a Top 5 Goalie, other months he looks like he should get cut... No Thanks

I'm glad we have Larsson in the pipeline, plus I think when he is healthy and has a D Core like Carolina in front of him, Jimmy is better

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA

Some months he looks like a Top 5 Goalie, other months he looks like he should get cut... No Thanks

I'm glad we have Larsson in the pipeline, plus I think when he is healthy and has a D Core like Carolina in front of him, Jimmy is better

Except Jimmy isn't better. Even when he had a D-core anchored by Lidstrom he was never a top goalie. And not even that consistent of a goalie. He had a couple good seasons. But in pressure situations Mrazek has always been head and shoulders better.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

He is inconsistent but he's playing better than Holtby. Holeby should've had the last 2, especially that last one. It's like he has no idea where the goal is tonight.

Reactions: avssuc

Sadekuuro

Aug 23, 2005
Cascadia
Crazy OT, almost totally owned by Carolina, they're faster to every puck... but that one Ovechkin chance was more dangerous than all of theirs except that deflected Slavin shot early in the period.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Except Jimmy isn't better. Even when he had a D-core anchored by Lidstrom he was never a top goalie. And not even that consistent of a goalie. He had a couple good seasons. But in pressure situations Mrazek has always been head and shoulders better.

this just isn't true

there was a 2 year period where Howard had the highest even strength save percentage in the league,he was very good at his best

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Love to see which years those were. Source?

small correction been a while since i've trotted out that particular stat it was 5 on 5 specifically not even strength,guess there's some 4 on 4 stuff that flips his small edge on Lundqvist/Rask around

2011-12 and 12-13 though,first in 5 on 5 save percentage over those two years for anyone with more than a tiny handful of games played:

Player Season Totals - Natural Stat Trick

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
"Petr the Rock" is one goal from stealing this series from the champs. I'm sure glad we don't have any use for goaltending like that in Detroit.

I sure love those series where a goalie steals the series with giving up 4, 4, and 6 goals. Mrazek is a garbage goalie.

When will people let this crappy goalie just move on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad