GDT: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs & Bandwagon Thread

Which bandwagon are you hopping on?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Watching the Carolina game...I'll never understand why the Lightning have never done a towel promotion for playoff games. I don't care if it's "played out" because of how common it is, it's still better than the thundersticks were or those...whatever the hell noise making things are.

We can do better. Compared to most arenas you hear this time of year, Amalie is pretty awful in terms of creating an environment. Part of that is because we keep losing our home games, sure. Everyone could do better.

Reactions: berlin

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Oh man if Washington, Calgary, and Winnipeg choke too..
Not sure I'd necessarily call Winnipeg losing a choke though. They were a mess for some time before the playoffs and St. Louis was one of the hottest teams going into the playoffs. They were tied with Winnipeg after all.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Oh man if Washington, Calgary, and Winnipeg choke too..

All I could care for is the Bruins getting knocked out, myself. If anything, all those teams going away would give the Bruins the best road to the Cup that they could ask for and another Boston team winning a championship is just something I don't want to think about right now.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Watching the Carolina game...I'll never understand why the Lightning have never done a towel promotion for playoff games. I don't care if it's "played out" because of how common it is, it's still better than the thundersticks were or those...whatever the hell noise making things are.

We can do better. Compared to most arenas you hear this time of year, Amalie is pretty awful in terms of creating an environment. Part of that is because we keep losing our home games, sure. Everyone could do better.

They have done towel promotions for playoff games before. People just don't seem to be that keen to wave 'em. Don't think the rally towels are marketed that well as a promotion as compared to some teams "whiteout" ideas. People like the rally hand drum things because they're noisy. The light sticks looked good, but people kept banging them together to make noise with them which would eventually shake loose the wiring in side. :rolleyes:

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Top 2 teams in the regular season are looking to go 1-8 in the playoffs.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Everyone but Toronto for me.
I don't want to spend the entire summer to see the tons of post about the Leafs, both in the social networks and an in the italian fanbase.
But of course I really agree with Killorn: "I don't care about what the people write/say".

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
They both had 107 points with Calgary having more ROW.

Wow, you're kidding me.

Mea culpa. Boston was ahead of Calgary towards the end of the season and I completely assumed they had remained that way. Guess this means that, had Calgary and Boston met in the Final (which, clearly, isn't gonna happen now; Flames down 5-1 as I write this), the Flames would've had home ice. As it is, Boston truly now has it the rest of the way however long they play. I had just assumed that was the case anyway, but now it's officially official.

BoltsOfAnarchy

May 12, 2018
Largo
Now this is a true hockey fan.

Not me. The Lightning have ruined the NHL for me. Go Rays!

I used to be a baseball fan, but then I went to my first TBL game in 1994. I was hooked on hockey since. I can’t even watch baseball now. Bunch of overpaid prima donnas who sit out for 15 days with a chipped fingernail.

Fact is baseball is boring, and it’s even more awful to watch a game at the Trop.

I’m actually enjoying watching these teams like Col, Carolina, NYI playing their hearts out. Didn’t get to se that with our team these playoffs.... what a downer

Reactions: Hoek

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Wow, you're kidding me.

Mea culpa. Boston was ahead of Calgary towards the end of the season and I completely assumed they had remained that way. Guess this means that, had Calgary and Boston met in the Final (which, clearly, isn't gonna happen now; Flames down 5-1 as I write this), the Flames would've had home ice. As it is, Boston truly now has it the rest of the way however long they play. I had just assumed that was the case anyway, but now it's officially official.

Boston is down in their series too....

Maelmoor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
These playoffs are so unpredictable, really leaves you scratching your head, wondering "What the hell just happened?". Both Torts and Bednar were considered weak and to be fired after the season, four or five games later everything has changed.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Is it really a choke if every higher seed sans the Isles is choking hard too? Sounds like it's just par for the course then.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Eeeeewww, that goal by Hertl looks pretty soft. OT shortie. Gross, Fleury, gross.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00