WJC: 2019 Slovakia Roster Talk

Jabs102501

May 16, 2018
Feeling good about this year. If our goal is just to survive, Denmark are 8-0 down after only the Second period, meanwhile we only lost 2-1 to arguably the second best team in the tournament. Now we'll have to see how well Kazakhstan performs

Shernix

Jul 26, 2018
Any idea why a player like Oliver Okuliar doesn't play for the Slovak team this season? Okuliar seems more skilled and younger than a Patrik Hrehorcak. I get to see both in the QMJHL and I'm wondering how do the Slovaks come to think that Hrehorcak is good enough but not Okuliar.

stastny12

Dec 26, 2018
Trencin, Slovakia
Any idea why a player like Oliver Okuliar doesn't play for the Slovak team this season? Okuliar seems more skilled and younger than a Patrik Hrehorcak. I get to see both in the QMJHL and I'm wondering how do the Slovaks come to think that Hrehorcak is good enough but not Okuliar.
Because our coach is Jose Mourinho. He doesnt like a Pogba or Martial. He prefers players like a Fellaini.

EDIT: Hrehorcak is pretty good, though.

Reactions: slowslovak

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Okuliar actually didn’t look that good against Canada, and that was the game where he had to make an impression. Hrehorcak has actually been good this tournament. If Bokros wasn’t our coach and orange 20 program was dusted than okuliar would most likely be on the team. I don’t think okuliar would change the results of the games. but I know a player who would be very useful on the power play and who would be actually a threat to score unlike the dump and chase orange 20 players...

Reactions: smitty10

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
How's Pospisil been?

trre.gif

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
This team is ok, but next year they only return 3 players and could be very weak.

salamandra

Aug 31, 2017
This team is ok, but next year they only return 3 players and could be very weak.
They finnished in the sixth place on WC U18 seven months ago. I write you some "very weak" players... Chromiak, Okuliar, Fasko-Rudas, Cajkovic, Bucko, Hlavac, Pauliny, Dzugan, Kovacik, Dlugos, Turan, Knazko, Cesanek, Hlavaj, Cederle Mudrak ...

Last edited:

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
They finnished in the sixth place on WC U18 seven months ago. I write you some "very weak" players... Chromiak, Okuliar, Fasko-Rudas, Cajkovic, Bucko, Hlavac, Pauliny, Dzugan, Kovacik, Dlugos, Turan, Knazko, Cesanek, Hlavaj, Cederle Mudrak ...

Some of those players are nice yes, but not all, they will be very young next year though, still going to be tough.

salamandra

Aug 31, 2017
Some of those players are nice yes, but not all, they will be very young next year though, still going to be tough.

Yes I agree. It might be young team. It will be weaker like this year, but not as weak. There is a decent quality and potential, especially Hlavaj, Cajkovic, Okuliar, Fasko-Rudas and some of the defenders.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Yes I agree. It might be young team. It will be weaker like this year, but not as weak. There is a decent quality and potential, especially Hlavaj, Cajkovic, Okuliar, Fasko-Rudas and some of the defenders.

Yes, I said they could be weaker, not will be, the talent coming looks nice though.

Chromiak, Fasko-Rudas, Hlavac and Mudrak were not on the U18 team.

Can't forget Golian too.

Reactions: salamandra

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Yes, I said they could be weaker, not will be, the talent coming looks nice though.

Chromiak, Fasko-Rudas, Hlavac and Mudrak were not on the U18 team.

Can't forget Golian too.
It’s most likely going to be a pretty young team, a mix of 2000s and 2001s with a few 2002s. It all depends on how each player develops for next year, fasko Rudas is interesting as he will most likely be getting top 6 or even first line minutes next year. Each year his point totals have been progressing as he moves up the lineup

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk

That players are hyped in Slovak fans pound. Internationally they are mostly unknown. Unfortunately.

salamandra

Aug 31, 2017
That players are hyped in Slovak fans pound. Internationally they are mostly unknown. Unfortunately.

I do not think, that Chromiak, Knazko, Cajkovic, Hlavaj, Okuliar, Fasko-Rudas are overrated.

Chromiak had many points in last tournaments in category U18. Also In HGC was our the best player.
Cajkovic is in the second place in the scoring (in his team). Okuliar is in the third place in the scoring. Knazko is on of the best slovak talented defenders over a perieod of several years.

And next decent players ...

Hlavac (01) play in the czech extraliga (cca 10 minutes per game)
Mudrak (01) play in jr sm-liiga with one start in mestis.

I do not claim it's a super team and it's qualitatively on similar level like big6. Definitely not, but I only claim that it is decent team. They will have solid chance to get to the QF ( will not be relegated)

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
I do not think, that Chromiak, Knazko, Cajkovic, Hlavaj, Okuliar, Fasko-Rudas are overrated.

Chromiak had many points in last tournaments in category U18. Also In HGC was our the best player.
Cajkovic is in the second place in the scoring (in his team). Okuliar is in the third place in the scoring. Knazko is on of the best slovak talented defenders over a perieod of several years.

And next decent players ...

Hlavac (01) play in the czech extraliga (cca 10 minutes per game)
Mudrak (01) play in jr sm-liiga with one start in mestis.

I do not claim it's a super team and it's qualitatively on similar level like big6. Definitely not, but I only claim that it is decent team. They will have solid chance to get to the QF ( will not be relegated)
I don’t think he’s saying they are overrated, just that they are not well known outside of us slovak fans. Cajkovic is for sure, Hlavaj now a bit more and some in Finland will know Knazko.
Only player that has been a bit of a disappointment is Kovacik, who has now been repeatedly removed from lineup or playing 4th line minutes. Hopefully this improves for next year.
Another few 2001’s that are playing well elsewhere are Jellus and Mrazik.
Melcher’s injury has been sad, as I thought he would have a solid year in the WHL.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Very disappointing tournament for us.

Then again I am telling myself that it doesn't matter in the big picture as long as as many players as possible from the roster manage to carve out good careers for them. There have been Slovak teams that finished 8th at the tourney and still produced a number of very good players for the men's team.

Also Studenic was pretty unimpressive in the WJC not recording a single point in the two years he played and at the moment he looks like a pretty good prospect for us.

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia

So this is a statement by Martin Pospisil who is the first human in the universe to open his mouth about Bokros

not gonna translate it all but basically he is saying the same things as we do which is really, really sad.
He confirms that Bokros is a horrible human being, has no business of being the national team coach and his unexplainable tacticts are the reason of our weak performances

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad