WJC: 2019 Slovakia Roster Talk

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
That’s a real shame. I feel really sorry for you guys. Always hard to see a really good prospect like Cajkovic not make it and be able to show off his skills for the upcoming draft. He’s better then at least 75% of that forward group.
Slovaks must be really really good this year if they can cut him..

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
**** you Bokros, that is all. When will we finally get rid of him and this useless U20 project?
I assume Bokros does what the federation wants so as to keep his job. Its really too bad though. Maybe one of these years not taking the best players will really bite them in the ass and they will go to Div 1.

Reactions: degustator

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Bokroš is known (notorious?) for being almost obsessed with the defensive side of the game. So he always prefers tough defensive guys over agile and skilled forwards, which is a shame, especially on the junior level.

Reactions: degustator

Jakk123

May 6, 2014
Bratislava
Bokroš is known (notorious?) for being almost obsessed with the defensive side of the game. So he always prefers tough defensive guys over agile and skilled forwards, which is a shame, especially on the junior level.

I feel like there's nothing wrong with tough defensive guys, but with all due respect, many of the guys he takes from the Orange U20 team turn out to be pretty much useless offensively or defensively.

Somehow a no name prospect like Golian (born in 2001 as Cajkovic) survives the cut. Of course, he plays for the Orange U20 team.

I just don't get how can a team with such small player base like Slovakia cut a 1st/2nd round prospect like Cajkovic. I don't care he is young, he has got more skill than the entire Orange U20 team combined and this tourney really could've helped him at the upcoming draft.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
I feel like there's nothing wrong with tough defensive guys, but with all due respect, many of the guys he takes from the Orange U20 team turn out to be pretty much useless offensively or defensively.

Somehow a no name prospect like Golian (born in 2001 as Cajkovic) survives the cut. Of course, he plays for the Orange U20 team.

I just don't get how can a team with such small player base like Slovakia cut a 1st/2nd round prospect like Cajkovic. I don't care he is young, he has got more skill than the entire Orange U20 team combined and this tourney really could've helped him at the upcoming draft.

I somehow understand that Cajkovic still needs to gain some experience, he makes a lot of mistakes in his own zone etc. But I agree, that the Slovaks don't have so many offensively skilled players, and scratching a guy like Cajkovic means, that they will have almost no offensive power. It is not about two top/two bottom lines, it is about fourth bottom lines, because they scratched almost all the guys who could be dangerous, with this coward argument that they are not responsible enough in their own zone. So it will again be not about "we want to win the game," but "we know we will lose, but we don't want to allow so many goals." This is a coward attitude.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Bokros Has a massive ego we all know this, and f*** him. Of course this failed orange program who have won ZERO games has players good enough to compete at top level, yeah f***ing right. This is another reminder of the Slovak mentality that is plaguing our country. So much favouritism, this is big problem with football as well... No wonder the young kids don’t want to go to stay in this country and go to school here. Let me guess he’s gonna give Adam f***ing Ruzicka top minute after he looked like an absolute bum last night against Canada and has contributed nothing to u20 team in all of the games he’s played. Cajkovic was the best Slovak skater after Hrehorcak in my opinion last night, great effort unlike most.

Reactions: Jabs102501

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
That’s a real shame. I feel really sorry for you guys. Always hard to see a really good prospect like Cajkovic not make it and be able to show off his skills for the upcoming draft. He’s better then at least 75% of that forward group.
Slovaks must be really really good this year if they can cut him..
He was arguably the second best skater last night, but of course bokros likes players who can do great skill such as “panic with puck than proceed to ice it or turn it over.”

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Bokros Has a massive ego we all know this, and **** him. Of course this failed orange program who have won ZERO games has players good enough to compete at top level, yeah ****ing right. This is another reminder of the Slovak mentality that is plaguing our country. So much favouritism, this is big problem with football as well... No wonder the young kids don’t want to go to stay in this country and go to school here. Let me guess he’s gonna give Adam ****ing Ruzicka top minute after he looked like an absolute bum last night against Canada and has contributed nothing to u20 team in all of the games he’s played. Cajkovic was the best Slovak skater after Hrehorcak in my opinion last night, great effort unlike most.

I don't understand the purpose of this Slovak U20 development program neither. What sense does it make, to let the young guys lose game after game, and to be constantly embarrassed by the much more experienced veteran players? They want to build something like a "losing mentality" in them, or what? Of course, if you lose 20 games in a row, you get used to it, and you can't suddenly find the winning mentality, when you go to the World Juniors. Stupid project indeed.

Reactions: Jabs102501

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
I don't understand the purpose of this Slovak U20 development program neither. What sense does it make, to let the young guys lose game after game, and to be constantly embarrassed by the much more experienced veteran players? They want to build something like a "losing mentality" in them, or what? Of course, if you lose 20 games in a row, you get used to it, and you can't suddenly find the winning mentality, when you go to the World Juniors. Stupid project indeed.
Honestly, without that project Slovakia would very likely get relegated to lower division. Maybe not this year, maybe not previous year, but some day yeah. I dare to say that the project probably is or atleast was necessary in terms of keeping Slovakia in elite division. Can't imagine what team would we ice without it in case of a very weak birth year and potentially with no players from abroad.

On the other side, the project is totally useless for years like this, when all of the quality of 99 birth year plays abroad meaning that the project lineup is literally a B team (except for few defensemen). Of course Bokros (coach) is then forced to keep some players from his project in the final roster, even though they are worse than for example Cajkovic.

I propose to shut down the project and play hockey with the best possible players we can get and don't care so much if we get relegated.

Last edited:

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
I am very upset with Cajkovic being cut. What a shot he has, and he skates better than most of his teammates.

Reactions: smitty10

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Honestly, without that project Slovakia would very likely get relegated to lower division. Maybe not this year, maybe not previous year, but some day yeah. I dare to say that the project probably is or atleast was necessary in terms of keeping Slovakia in elite division. Can't imagine what team would we ice without it in case of a very weak birth year and potentially with no players from abroad.

On the other side, the project is totally useless for years like this, when all of the quality of 99 birth year plays abroad meaning that the project lineup is literally a B team (except for few defensemen). Of course Bokros (coach) is then forced to keep some players from his project in the final roster, even though they are worse than for example Cajkovic.

I propose to shut down the project and play hockey with the best possible players we can get and don't care so much if we get relegated.

The idea of a national team development program is not bad in its principle. I am arguing against this particular model, where the young guys play against much more experienced players, losing game after game. Those older guys they play against in the Slovak league usually are not top notch players, but they almost always beat the youngsters just with their experience. This must be frustrating for the junior team, and, above all, the young guys need to learn how to win games, how to gain the momentum during the close games, how to perform the decisive plays in the key moments. They can barely learn those skills, when the go from defeat to defeat, with their heads down.

InSuL1nImP

Feb 11, 2017
Bokros Has a massive ego we all know this, and **** him. Of course this failed orange program who have won ZERO games has players good enough to compete at top level, yeah ****ing right. This is another reminder of the Slovak mentality that is plaguing our country. So much favouritism, this is big problem with football as well... No wonder the young kids don’t want to go to stay in this country and go to school here. Let me guess he’s gonna give Adam ****ing Ruzicka top minute after he looked like an absolute bum last night against Canada and has contributed nothing to u20 team in all of the games he’s played. Cajkovic was the best Slovak skater after Hrehorcak in my opinion last night, great effort unlike most.

Sarnia fan here. Can confirm Ruzicka is bum especially in play-offs.

Hockey2314

Aug 15, 2017
My WJC roster:

Sklenar (Kostelny, Hlavaj)

Fehervary-Ivan,
Korencik-Ziak,
Demo-Dlugos,
Kupec (Golian)

Liska-Roman-Hrehorcak,
Krivosik-Ruzicka-Pospisil,
Fafrak-Balaz-Kelemen,
Kukuca-Kollar-Regenda (Giertl)

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Could some one @ me the final roster cuts.

I currently have

full

Slovakia
Preliminary

Goaltenders:
Samuel Hlavaj (G)
Jakub Kostelny (G)
Juraj Sklenar (G)

Defensemen:
Daniel Demo (D)
Marcel Dlugos (D)
Martin Fehérváry (D)
Andrej Golian (D)
Michal Ivan (D)
Marek Korencik (D)
Martin Kupec (D)
Adam Ziak (D)

Forwards:
Jozef Balaz (F)
Milos Fafrak (LW)
Oliver Giertl (C)
Patrik Hrehorcak (LW)
Milos Kelemen (RW)
Andrej Kollár (C)
Filip Krivosik (C/RW)
Andrej Kukuca (C)
Adam Liska (LW)
Oliver Okuliar (LW)
Martin Pospisil (C)
Pavol Regenda (LW)
Milos Roman (C)
Adam Ruzicka (C/W)

Scratched:

Hockey2314

Aug 15, 2017
Could some one @ me the final roster cuts.

I currently have

full

Slovakia
Preliminary

Goaltenders:
Samuel Hlavaj (G)
Jakub Kostelny (G)
Juraj Sklenar (G)

Defensemen:
Daniel Demo (D)
Marcel Dlugos (D)
Martin Fehérváry (D)
Andrej Golian (D)
Michal Ivan (D)
Marek Korencik (D)
Martin Kupec (D)
Adam Ziak (D)

Forwards:
Jozef Balaz (F)
Milos Fafrak (LW)
Oliver Giertl (C)
Patrik Hrehorcak (LW)
Milos Kelemen (RW)
Andrej Kollár (C)
Filip Krivosik (C/RW)
Andrej Kukuca (C)
Adam Liska (LW)
Oliver Okuliar (LW)
Martin Pospisil (C)
Pavol Regenda (LW)
Milos Roman (C)
Adam Ruzicka (C/W)

Scratched:
Oliver Okuliar out.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Need to work on the power play that’s for sure and Kupec should come in for Golian. I was impressed overall with the game, I thought each line played well. Still, IMO biggest takeaway is that we need to have a solid PP to advance past quarters.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Next year:

Okuliar-Chromiak-Cajkovic
Mrazik-Jellus-Turansky
Sojka-Kovacik-Pauliny
Tkac-Cederle-Dzugan
Cerenyi

Dlugos-Knazko
Golian-Turan
Ilencik-Bucko
Zekucia

Hlavaj
Vyletelka
Kozel
I don’t think Chromiak is ready for 1st line minutes, it will most likely be kovacik as the centre on first line. And I’d like to see myklukha. This is a transition year imo, our 2000 class is very bad. Let’s give experience to younger guys and just stay in top division

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad