Red Sox/MLB 2019 Season Begins - Bogaerts Extended 7Y $132M

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Kind of surprised Iglesias is on a minor league contract. His biggest knock was hitting and he went to Detroit and hit.... career .270 hitter + elite defense? I've been out of the loop with baseball for a while, and really only follow it casually now. Maybe he's not as good as it would appear?

tonino2424

Sep 28, 2005
Kind of surprised Iglesias is on a minor league contract. His biggest knock was hitting and he went to Detroit and hit.... career .270 hitter + elite defense? I've been out of the loop with baseball for a while, and really only follow it casually now. Maybe he's not as good as it would appear?

He is injured every year for a minimum of 20 games or more.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

YouTakeTheVan

Feb 6, 2017
He's a decent player -- if he makes the team it's $2.5M + incentives. He may have overplayed his hand looking for a multi-year contract?

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I feel like that's going to end in an ugly way.

But I like when the Phils are relevant, their lineup is going to be legit.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
The phils might be realigned into the redsox’s division within the contract years

I don't see it happening. That proposal was extreme and if Manfred pursues it, he's completely out of touch. It'll kill the competitiveness of Philly and Washington, it'll ruin the Mets' market share in the city, and overall will screw up a lot.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I was gonna politely request that John Henry give Mookie 10/350 so this contract doesn’t phase me in the slightest

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
25 mil average. Less than I thought. How many teams were really in on him. Big risk on a guy that can be explosive and yet barely average.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad