Red Sox/MLB 2019 Season Begins - Bogaerts Extended 7Y $132M

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Rotation to start the year is Sale-Eovaldi-Porcello-Price

Interesting with Price going 4th.

I'm also interested to see how Sale and Porcello cope with Sandy Leon being sent down, both tended to prefer him as a personal catcher. Vazquez is alright but Swihart is pretty crappy defensively TBH.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Trying to keep up with new ballpark names

This-might-be-the-best-87.5-million-T-Mobile-has-ever-spent.jpg

920x920.jpg

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Not sure which is more offensive.....the score or Rico Suave in the bottom right with the unbuttoned jersey showing off the man boobs (looks like Kevin Millar's evil twin).

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I’m so triggered that Lazy douche Pablo Sandoval is still on a major league roster

HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE???? Have you no shame @SFGiants?????

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
would be like pissing on a wildfire.

they've nuked any baseball support here...especially ANY venture that has the FSG/Henry/Lucchino name anywhere near it
Would casual fans care if the Pawsox where Members of New York Penn league they would still have fireworks and promotions.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
CATCHERS
Christian Vazquez
Blake Swihart
INFIELDERS
Mitch Moreland
Eduardo Nunez
Brock Holt
Xander Bogaerts
Rafael Devers
Sam Travis
OUTFIELDERS
Andrew Benintendi
Jackie Bradley Jr.
Mookie Betts
J.D. Martinez
STARTING PITCHERS
Chris Sale
David Price
Rick Porcello
Nathan Eovaldi
Eduardo Rodriguez
RELIEF PITCHERS
Matt Barnes
Colten Brewer
Ryan Brasier
Heath Hembree
Tyler Thornburg
Brian Johnson
Brandon Workman
Hector Velazquez

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
That bullpen will see a lot of turnover by late May/early June

I don’t think they are as f***ed as they appear to be on that front though. They’ve got some legit octane waiting in the wings

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Would casual fans care if the Pawsox where Members of New York Penn league they would still have fireworks and promotions.

yes, they will not be supported. period.

There is only 1 Pawsox, and they just got stolen and shipped up 146.

The Pawsox were Rhode Island. The last of the true hometown teams that are completely woven into the community as a whole. The people loved the team and the team (Mondor) loved them back. They were a neighbor and community member, no different than Jimmy down the street.

Mondor made it his life's mission to get every kid possible to fall in love with the sport. It's why he never raised ticket prices and barely raised concessions prices over 35 years. It's why he gave away thousands of tickets a year to local youth organizations like the Boys and Girls Club, local little leagues, local schools, etc. It's why he let the Boy Scouts camp out overnight in the outfield every year.

He was one of the last team owners alive that wasn't in it to make money. He was in it for the love of the game and to let others love the game too

As of 2015, you could still sit front row, behind home plate for $15 bucks.

ANY team trying to move in and replace the Pawsox is so beyond DOA. Especially a single A or AA team. Rhode Island is a AAA market, anything below is an insult.

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018

The Pawsox were Rhode Island. The last of the true hometown teams that are completely woven into the community as a whole. The people loved the team and the team (Mondor) loved them back. They were a neighbor and community member, no different than Jimmy down the street.

Mondor made it his life's mission to get every kid possible to fall in love with the sport. It's why he never raised ticket prices and barely raised concessions prices over 35 years. It's why he gave away thousands of tickets a year to local youth organizations like the Boys and Girls Club, local little leagues, local schools, etc. It's why he let the Boy Scouts camp out overnight in the outfield every year.

He was one of the last team owners alive that wasn't in it to make money. He was in it for the love of the game and to let others love the game too

ANY team trying to move in and replace the Pawsox is so beyond DOA. Especially a single A or AA team. Rhode Island is a AAA market, anything below is an insult.
The yard goats are the original Pawsox. The Current team is Toronto's original baseball team that later moved to Louisville.
Bristol Red Sox - Wikipedia
Toronto Maple Leafs (International League) - Wikipedia
Louisville Colonels (minor league baseball) - Wikipedia

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
If Sandy does stick around in Pawtucket I can’t stress enough how awesome that is for the young arms we have ascending. He’ll be a handsomely paid emergency catcher so it’s not a bad gig for him either

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
The yard goats are the original Pawsox. The Current team is Toronto's original baseball team that later moved to Louisville.
Bristol Red Sox - Wikipedia
Toronto Maple Leafs (International League) - Wikipedia
Louisville Colonels (minor league baseball) - Wikipedia

and all that happened within 5 years (70-75).

The real Pawsox are the Mondor owned version starting in 1977. The 1st iteration was never called the Pawsox.

The team, the state and the community were 1 in the same. They were the true hometown team

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
If Sandy does stick around in Pawtucket I can’t stress enough how awesome that is for the young arms we have ascending. He’ll be a handsomely paid emergency catcher so it’s not a bad gig for him either

Just change his name to "Crash" and when he bats, have a middle-aged woman in the stands tell him that he's pulling his hips out too early.

Reactions: CDJ

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I’m not a huge fan of John Henry. I appreciate what he’s spent on the Sox and the success they’ve had but at the same time he’s definitely ground my gears (Tom Werner even more-so).

But I will say this- thank god we have him and not the Indians owner. Guy basically just told his fan base to enjoy having lindor for the next 3 years because he’s not shelling out for a big contract

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
I’m not a huge fan of John Henry. I appreciate what he’s spent on the Sox and the success they’ve had but at the same time he’s definitely ground my gears (Tom Werner even more-so).

But I will say this- thank god we have him and not the Indians owner. Guy basically just told his fan base to enjoy having lindor for the next 3 years because he’s not shelling out for a big contract
Henry has kept Fenway park it made fans happy but it helped make redsox tickets not accessible for the average person. New stadiums have massive upper decks that they can charge affordable prices for.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Dude, seriously. You need to let this go. RI and Pawtucket had a shot at keeping them, but they f***ed around for years and did not build a new facility. The team got sick of waiting so they found an alternative.

If the state and town identified with the team so much, why didn't they step up and do something sooner?

Reactions: CDJ

The Garden

Oct 6, 2018
Henry has kept Fenway park it made fans happy but it helped make redsox tickets not accessible for the average person. New stadiums have massive upper decks that they can charge affordable prices for.

I have no problem with this whatsoever. Fenway Park is the best park in baseball for watching a baseball game (and in general IMO, but I'm biased and that's another issue).

It's true that the tickets are really expensive, but going to the ballpark needs to be about the experience - otherwise you're better off watching the game on TV. And Fenway Park is unmatched in that.

Also, Opening Day!

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I step into Fenway and it feels like home. Can’t say the same for any other stadium I’ve been to in any other sport. It’s not the fanciest and it’s definitely not the most physically comfortable but it just feels like home.

I sound like a delusional homer but nothing tops the feel of catching a nice deal on SeatGeek and going to enjoy a lazy afternoon game against an irrelevant team at the park.

Reactions: The Garden
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad