Red Sox/MLB 2019 Season Begins - Bogaerts Extended 7Y $132M

Status
Not open for further replies.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I'm pretty sure he saved like 45 games. I guess it was no help? :laugh:

The point is that the bullpen was shaky at best for a large portion of the season including entering the playoffs then all the sudden they turned lights out and became the strongest part of the team as soon as October hit. Worrying about the bullpen in March is wasted energy.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
The point is that the bullpen was shaky at best for a large portion of the season including entering the playoffs then all the sudden they turned lights out and became the strongest part of the team as soon as October hit. Worrying about the bullpen in March is wasted energy.
It's like worrying about the Patriots on the first day of free agency.

Say Hey Kid

War, it's just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Buster Olney thinks Sale's extension was a mistake. I think the Bosox are a top 2 team in MLB.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Buster Olney thinks Sale's extension was a mistake. I think the Bosox are a top 2 team in MLB.

Sandoval's contract was a mistake
Castillo's contract was a mistake
Carson Smith's contract is looking like a mistake (cheap, but I'll admit I just hate the guy at this point)

Sale's? Not even close.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I mean could it blow up in their face? Sure.

But giving a guy who's never had major arm issues a 5 year deal at age 30, doesn't look like that big of a mistake to me.

Astros just gave a 36 year old Verlander a two year extension worth 33 million a year, which takes him through his age 38 season. Was that a mistake too Buster?

Reactions: sarge88

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
f***ing Mazz is pushing an agenda that Mookie doesn't want to be here and how they need to trade him next year instead of giving him Trout money.

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
****ing Mazz is pushing an agenda that Mookie doesn't want to be here and how they need to trade him next year instead of giving him Trout money.
I’m not saying trade him but doesn’t something feel off about him? I think he is gone after 2020. I don’t think they pay him the money. I wouldn’t be shocked if we found out he wasn’t really comfortable in Boston after he is gone.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Fantastic deal.

he wa getting 17 this year anyways, and 25 next year in arbitration. 67 mil for the two years after, fair deal if he keeps up. He may opt out after those two years, if not (if he stinks/hurt) you only have one more year left.

He deserved it. Wants to retire a Met for some reason, so hopefully this paves the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad