2019 Roster and Fantasy GM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Yeah that's a horrible offer for Hamilton.

Hamilton is one of the best analytic defenders in the league and has been for a long time. There's something seriously wrong in Carolina, I can't put my finger on it but players just do significantly worse there.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Does it get you Faulk?

Edit 1: Remember, the Hurricanes have players like Martinook and Wallmark seeing time in their top6. Goldobin's PPG is similar to that of Ferland there. He would be around their 4th leading scorer, as he is here.

Edit 2: Definitely disagree with you on your Hutton evaluation.

Hutton is undervalued. Realistically Gudbranson has significantly more value around the league than Hutton despite Hutton being a legit top-4 guy while Gudbranson is Gudbranson.

If we were going to trade Hutton he should be stapled to Pettersson 5 on 5 and on the power play. Team seems to do the opposite with players they want to move, though.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Hutton is undervalued. Realistically Gudbranson has significantly more value around the league than Hutton despite Hutton being a legit top-4 guy while Gudbranson is Gudbranson.

If we were going to trade Hutton he should be stapled to Pettersson 5 on 5 and on the power play. Team seems to do the opposite with players they want to move, though.

If Gudbranson has more value, swap him for Hutton. Actually, I think both could be traded in the offseason.

Hamilton is one of the best analytic defenders in the league and has been for a long time. There's something seriously wrong in Carolina, I can't put my finger on it but players just do significantly worse there.

Right, and that's why I want him here.

Before Hamilton was traded, would you have said that Lindholm + Hanifin is an insufficient offer? If we are going by the analytics, Hamilton doesn't get traded there... but he did.

Goldobin also fairs well analytically.

I'm looking at this from the perspective of a winger starved team that has too many RHDs. What's the best they can do in your opinion?

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
I actually thought Carolina won that deal, Lindholm has really impressed me in Calgary but with scoring up this year and having the opportunity to play with Gaudreau he's never going to have a year this good again.

Never been a huge Hanifin guy, but clearly has more trade value than Hutton.

The asking price for Hamilton would be a good cost controlled ~60 point forward. The Canucks don't have those to spare so there's just not a deal to be made there.

Ryan Miller*

Jan 13, 2017
Before Hamilton was traded, would you have said that Lindholm + Hanifin is an insufficient offer?
Stop digging yourself a deeper hole. Lindholm >>> Goldobin and Hanifin >>> Hutton

Hutton had negative value at the start of this season, and a half season of mostly competent play doesn't boost his value anywhere past a 3rd. At his best, he still gets walked regularly and struggles with teams that play a faster pace. Good on Green for saving his career though.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Stop digging yourself a deeper hole. Lindholm >>> Goldobin and Hanifin >>> Hutton

Hutton had negative value at the start of this season, and a half season of mostly competent play doesn't boost his value anywhere past a 3rd. At his best, he still gets walked regularly and struggles with teams that play a faster pace. Good on Green for saving his career though.
Negative value? Saving his career?

Gillis pick, yup checks out.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
I wonder what it would take to get Subban since Nashville is looking to move him

my take: 1st round draft pick, 2nd round draft pick, Baertschi, Woo/Juolevi

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006

Again, we disagree on Hutton's value. That you think he only had a half season of competent play is another clear sign as to why we disagree. You're way off.

As to the CAR/CGY trade: I'm not a Hanafin fan and I think his value was overrated at the time he was dealt. Still worth more than Hutton, but not significantly more. Fair enough for Lindholm/Goldobin.

I actually thought Carolina won that deal, Lindholm has really impressed me in Calgary but with scoring up this year and having the opportunity to play with Gaudreau he's never going to have a year this good again.

Never been a huge Hanifin guy, but clearly has more trade value than Hutton.

The asking price for Hamilton would be a good cost controlled ~60 point forward. The Canucks don't have those to spare so there's just not a deal to be made there.

I too thought CAR won that deal, clearly, but Lindholm is causing me to reassess. Somebody that can put up above PPG numbers is in 1RW consideration -- even if scoring is inflated and he's playing with two better players.

We agree on not liking Hanafin. How different do you think the value is between Hanafin then and Hutton now?

CAR will be hard pressed to get a cost-controlled 60 point forward for Hamilton. Good luck to them. I don't see it happening.

But anyways, what do you think about that package for Faulk?

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Hamiltom is a 25 year old number 2 defender on a good contract, why can't he retain a similarly aged 60 point winger? If I'm Toronto I'd probably move Nylander for him if Carolina adds a pick.

Not interested in Faulk last season, he's been better this year but he's nowhere near the player he was 4 years ago.

member 290103

There's something wrong with Hamilton from a personality perspective. Two teams have given up on him already - and he is only 25 and as you state, has good underlying numbers with respect to his game. The Canes, who just acquired him, have now decided he's the best option to move given their roster.

Does that not cause some concern?

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Hamiltom is a 25 year old number 2 defender on a good contract, why can't he retain a similarly aged 60 point winger? If I'm Toronto I'd probably move Nylander for him if Carolina adds a pick.

Not interested in Faulk last season, he's been better this year but he's nowhere near the player he was 4 years ago.

If Hamilton could get a young cost-controlled 60 point winger for Hamilton they would have done it already. What is stopping them? They still have Faulk and Pesce. BA even favours Faulk in the prime minutes...

Anyway, if Hamilton is a contentious add, let's focus on Faulk. VAN needs a RHD. Does that package get Faulk?

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Whoever wins the draft lottery this year, if they were willing to deal the #1 pick (ie. Jack Hughes), I assume the Canucks would be all over that and attempt to unite the blood brothers. Sedins 2.0, maybe better

But it would cost, alot. Realistically, what would you package for that pick? Or would it cost too much?

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
The cost would be too high. We are talking Brock, our first, a good prospect, and a roster player. If we were to do a trade like that we would be behind where we are right now.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
I really want Kyle Wood. 6'7 defenseman who lit up the AHL and has been a dark horse offensive defenseman who I've had my eye on for awhile. Was projected to be a big part of the Pheonix organization but had a rough season last year. He's now playing in the San Jose organization and he's doing pretty well this season. Seems like he'd be reasonably easy to pry given the logjam of offensive defensemen in front of him.

I'm of the opinion we desperately need size and we could always use offensive defenseman. I think this kid would add a lot. I'd really love to take a flyer on him at the trade deadline.

Balls Mahoney

Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Whoever wins the draft lottery this year, if they were willing to deal the #1 pick (ie. Jack Hughes), I assume the Canucks would be all over that and attempt to unite the blood brothers. Sedins 2.0, maybe better

But it would cost, alot. Realistically, what would you package for that pick? Or would it cost too much?

Three 1sts and Horvat?

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
Pettersson = no need for Jack Hughes. Would be nice to have him, sure, but there's no reason to pay a premium to get him when we already have a tremendous rookie to fill the 1C spot, plus Horvat as a fine 2C and now Madden in the organization looking quite promising.

member 290103

I'd do Horvat for the 1st overall and run. You wouldn't trade a second line center for a potential franchise center? I realize we already have one but why not two?

The key here is "potential." This is not Auston Matthews or McDavid you are trading for. This could be a guy like RNH, who knows, even Yakupov .

It's too risky to move Horvat - a guy that just continues to exceed all expectations and is quickly developing into your long term Captain.

Honestly, I don't think the Canucks should pay the price to acquire Hughes.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
I'd do Horvat for the 1st overall and run. You wouldn't trade a second line center for a potential franchise center? I realize we already have one but why not two?

Team composition is important. If Horvat is that Kesler-type, then we don't necessarily have to play the match-up game with the opposition's top line. How nice would it be to not have to throw out there a Sutter or a Beagle every time a McDavid or a Tavares is out there? That would be like 20-25 minutes a game during the playoffs.

Balls Mahoney

Aug 14, 2008
Legend
I'm not saying necessarily any of you are wrong but I think you should start a poll about "Horvat for the 1st OA" in the trade forum and see what the reaction is.

The 3 1sts and Horvat was my realistic trade idea. I'm not saying I would pay that but I imagine that's the price.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad