2019 Roster and Fantasy GM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Trading horvat would make zero sense. He’s the exact player we need. Legit #2, can play both ends of the ice, future captain material. Now that we have EP40, horvat will slide perfectly into that #2 slot (or 1b). We need another top 3D and 1-2 wingers who can help our top 6 out.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Name another one besides Point. Who came out of nowhere post draft. It’s rare.
Another what? 5'10" Center? There's plenty.

Name another player as good as Hughes who's been a Center his whole life, who was projected to go 1st overall but got shifted to the wing. It's not your dad's league anymore, things they are a changing.

I just don't see any reason people slot him on the wing other than his size, which isn't that small maybe as a rookie. He will put on weight and his height isn't a problem, he's quite a bit bigger than Quinn.

If you think Quinn can play defense in the NHL, I don't see any reason to think Jack can't play down the middle.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Name another one besides Point. Who came out of nowhere post draft. It’s rare.

No he didn't. A ton of HFCanuck posters were clamouring after him, with MS being a very vocal advocate for us to take Point (same poster recommended Marchessault as a cheap low risk FA before he signed with Florida)

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
He didn't come out of nowhere. He was one of the best producers in the draft.
No he didn't. A ton of HFCanuck posters were clamouring after him, with MS being a very vocal advocate for us to take Point (same poster recommended Marchessault as a cheap low risk FA before he signed with Florida)
Sure, but did anyone predict him to become a #1 center? No. Either did Gms who let him slide multiple rounds. J.Hughes is not 5’10. No chance. Maybe on skates. When I met him he looked a lot shorter. Even so, he’s got a lot of weight to put on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad