Prospect Info: 2019 Prospects PART 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Mitch Eliot putting up some nice points early in the season. How has his overall play been?
He sat for the the first twelve or so games before finally getting in and has played more than not since then, lately mostly at the expense of fellow prospect Josh Teves who had been a fixture earlier. I personally prefer Teves but Elliott has been fine. He is a small offensive defenceman who does put up points and is a good producer on the pp but has some deficiencies in his defensive game.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
Aidan McDonough too, he's got 9 pts in 11 games....pretty good start.

Also, does anyone have an update on Utunen? He's being pencilled into the Finns top 4 at the WJC. He's looked pretty good every time I've seen him (and he scored that backbreaker last year vs Canada).

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Yeah they are playing over in Belfast Ireland for the 4 team tournament.

Which I am shocked they even have arenas in belfast.
The announcers I saw were soccer announcers.

soccer announcers calling hockey is great. they bluff like crazy. watched the nagano olympics in the uk. they only called every third player's name with the puck and said generic things after plays like "not very much happening there" and "oh dear, he's going to be disappointed with that". we started a drinking game every time they said "chelios". sounds awesome with a bbc accent.

Aug 3, 2005
Vancouver & OK Falls
Rathbone with one assist and 6 shots in Harvard's first loss of the season, 4-2 to Boston College.
The difference was Spencer Knight. Rathbone took just over 20% of Harvard's total shots.

Reactions: lindgren

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Harvard was bound to come back down to earth
They have an insanely high shooting percentage
Plus they are the worst team in the entire NCAA in 5v5 shot differential
small sample size

Aug 3, 2005
Vancouver & OK Falls
Harvard was bound to come back down to earth
They have an insanely high shooting percentage
Plus they are the worst team in the entire NCAA in 5v5 shot differential
small sample size

Yeah and they had 10 minutes on the PP vs only 4 for BC, which accounts for Rathbone's high shots,
but Knight stoned him except for his PP assist.

Reactions: lindgren

Jum3x

Jul 1, 2019
soccer announcers calling hockey is great. they bluff like crazy. watched the nagano olympics in the uk. they only called every third player's name with the puck and said generic things after plays like "not very much happening there" and "oh dear, he's going to be disappointed with that". we started a drinking game every time they said "chelios". sounds awesome with a bbc accent.

Yeah they are playing over in Belfast Ireland for the 4 team tournament.

Which I am shocked they even have arenas in belfast.
The announcers I saw were soccer announcers.

Nope, the commentator used (at least on the UK) broadcast is actually one of the few hockey commentators we have, Aaron Murphy. And yes, he’s annoying. The good thing is today’s games were on free to a watch TV in the UK, but I bet very few people actually watched it.

We actually have some fairly decent arenas, albeit, very small. Ice Hockey in the UK actually has a fairly interesting history and only as recently as the late 90s the Manchester Storm team once has a then European record attendance at a game of just over 17k.

Most of the rinks we have are terrible in quality, but there’s some decent ones too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad