cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
What's happening with those players ?
NYR|Nanne, Tyler|F|Minnesota (NCAA)|2014|5|142|

i may not have this all exactly right
before his freshman season at Ohio State began,
Nanne was diagnosed with a serious ailment, maybe cardiac-related.
Tyler Nanne at eliteprospects.com
Transferred home to Gophers but lost another season.
So has only played 2 so far, so as mentioned, if he stays enrolled, his rights are held into mid-'21

his rep is as a small-ish PMD who can also play wing.
A very positive sign - he played 75 games over last 2 seasons

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
I've updated this thread.

Also added a post (Post #5, I think) for SIGNED 2019 draft picks.

Let me know if I missed anyone (Keeping in mind a few prospects -Haas, Lilja, and Wedin, etc.- are, for the purposes of this thread, considered UFA signings rather than Prospects.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
FYI - NYR fans have been led to believe that rights to both Lakatos and Virta DID expire in June 2019

UNSIGNED 2017 DRAFT PICKS WITH INDEFINITE RIGHTS
(Teams are not required to sign players in 2019)
Rangers
NYR|Sjalin, Calle|LHD|Leksands (Allsvenskan)|2017|5|145|
NYR|Lakatos, Dominic|C|Liberec (Czech)|2017|6|157|
NYR|Barron, Morgan|C|Cornell (NCAA)|2017|6|174|
NYR|Virta, Patrik|LW|TPS (Liiga)|2017|7|207|

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
FYI - NYR fans have been led to believe that rights to both Lakatos and Virta DID expire in June 2019

UNSIGNED 2017 DRAFT PICKS WITH INDEFINITE RIGHTS
(Teams are not required to sign players in 2019)
Rangers
NYR|Sjalin, Calle|LHD|Leksands (Allsvenskan)|2017|5|145|
NYR|Lakatos, Dominic|C|Liberec (Czech)|2017|6|157|
NYR|Barron, Morgan|C|Cornell (NCAA)|2017|6|174|
NYR|Virta, Patrik|LW|TPS (Liiga)|2017|7|207|
That is correct, CBA 8.6 (d) (ii) - Overage European draftees right's are held for two years, instead of 4.
Virta was 2014 eligible, drafted in 2017, and Lakatos was 2015 eligible, drafted in 2017.

Stryker78

Jul 5, 2009
Montreal
Quick question.

I follow every signature and all the NHL rights for players.

I had Jani Hakanpaa with St-Louis and I tought his right was still belong to them.

It's the same with Jake Massie that I had with Chicago. I never saw that he was Ufa. Usually it's on August 15 that NCAA players becomes Ufa.

I was looking for Kyle Olson that Anaheim never signed. On NHL.com they say he belong to the Buffalo Sabres. I never saw the signning on any site and not even on Elite Prospects.

Let me know where I missed on Massie and Hakanpaa because I think I might have others players like that

Last edited:

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Quick question.

I follow every signature and all the NHL rights for players.

I had Jani Hakanpaa with St-Louis and I tought his right was still belong to them.

It's the same with Jake Massie that I had with Chicago. I never saw that he was Ufa. Usually it's on August 15 that NCAA players becomes Ufa.

I was looking for Kyle Olson that Anaheim never signed. On NHL.com they say he belong to the Buffalo Sabres. I never saw the signning on any site and not even on Elite Prospects.
Hakanpaa turned 27 and became a Group 3 UFA on July 1, and was subsequently signed by Anaheim.

Jake Massie used CBA 8.6 (c) (iv) to leave college early and become a UFA on July 1, and was subsequently signed by Florida. (See Booba's post half a page up.)

Olson... I have no idea.
Anaheim elected not to sign him, and he became a draft-related UFA on June 1, but I can find literally nothing about him signing with Buffalo. Not the Sabres, not EP, not CapFriendly, nothing I saw in a cursory search on twitter, not even cbssports (which is one of the few places that does regular blotter pieces on minor transactions).

I think, what is most likely, NHL.com has him listed with the Sabres because he was simply at their development camp.
But as of two days ago (or yesterday even, since they updated the article just yesterday, and he's still there), we was set to to attend the Blackhawks dev camp (RELEASE: Blackhawks announce roster for 2019 Development Camp).

Let me know where I missed on Massie and Hakanpaa because I think I might have others players like that
Massie's situation doesn't happen all that often, but every year there's a couple players in Hakanpaa's situation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad