2019 playoff discussion thread-Some no name Russians played their last game in Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
I mean, if Bobrovsky's past playoff performance isn't already affecting his potential salary demand...

It's probably just going to be more of the usual playoff Bobrovsky, followed by a couple months of Panthers fans debating whether it's actually a good idea to sign him. Some will blame him, some will blame the results on having to play the Penguins, either way it's gonna be good for discussion on here.

Well I've been fighting people over Trocheck and Math, might as well do it with Bob too

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Tampax in 4.

DAL doesn't have enough depth to threaten NSH.
STL caught fire a bit but I don't think they can match WPG on high end talent level.
NYI is still going up against a recent two-time Cup champions and the Pens just have more than enough talent to mow down the Isles.

DAL and NSH both struggle to score no? Itll be a defensive/goatlending battle. I give the nod to NSH on defense but Bishop gets a slight nod for me even over Rinne, who may just be too old now to put them over the top. Saros isnt proven yet. This was the hardest series for me to predict.

I like NYIs defense better than PITs but just giving NYI an extra win because of the Trotz effect. Feel Malkin may start his decline, hes battling more and more injuries but they have enough to knock off NYI.

WPGs big guns have been misfiring for a while now. Laine and Ehlers are in severe slump mode. Can Schef and Wheeler do it all themselves? Should be a good gritty series though. Tough call but hope WPG is bounced so Trouba will want to leave and come get a tan.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
DAL and NSH both struggle to score no? Itll be a defensive/goatlending battle. I give the nod to NSH on defense but Bishop gets a slight nod for me even over Rinne, who may just be too old now to put them over the top. Saros isnt proven yet. This was the hardest series for me to predict.

I like NYIs defense better than PITs but just giving NYI an extra win because of the Trotz effect. Feel Malkin may start his decline, hes battling more and more injuries but they have enough to knock off NYI.

WPGs big guns have been misfiring for a while now. Laine and Ehlers are in severe slump mode. Can Schef and Wheeler do it all themselves? Should be a good gritty series though. Tough call but hope WPG is bounced so Trouba will want to leave and come get a tan.

I'd reckon that both NSH and WPG have been just waiting for the playoffs and haven't been really interested in regular season games.

NYI is kinda like CBJ of few years back when they went up against PIT. CBJ could match PIT on speed and physicality but really couldn't make a dent in the series as a whole.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
WPG fans sure hope thats the case, very strange season in the Peg this year. And they have some tough tough decisions coming... Strange to think it only a year later, but did they already miss the window?

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
So far Bob sucks.

So far Pan floats.

And we want to get rid of Hoff and pay the duo $19M or so?

Please.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Panarin whiffed, lost the puck, Bob fumbled like Reimer. $10M for THAT?

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Panarin was elite last playoffs, he at least has track record. No problem paying him.

Bob is a questionmark and he needs to rebound.

That's exactly it, we would have to pay top dollar for a goalie that can't be relied on. I'd rather look elsewhere and find a younger goalie with promise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad