2019 playoff discussion thread-Some no name Russians played their last game in Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I'm completely okay with that type of money for Panarin.

For Bob, hell no.
Well yeah, but my point was, you should be happy and not concerned that they’re both proving themselves. I don’t want them to get Panarin and he turns into Kreider or Smith (good but not THAT good).

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Well yeah, but my point was, you should be happy and not concerned that they’re both proving themselves. I don’t want them to get Panarin and he turns into Kreider or Smith (good but not THAT good).
Kreider? Like good-great reg season player that turns just great in the playoffs Kreider? Chris Kreider?

The playoff clutch thing might be the only thing missing from Panarin as of yet...we'll see pretty soon if that changed!

...and which smith? Reilly?

Kreider and Smith are totally different types of players than Bread...

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Kreider? Like good-great reg season player that turns just great in the playoffs Kreider? Chris Kreider?

The playoff clutch thing might be the only thing missing from Panarin as of yet...we'll see pretty soon if that changed!

...and which smith? Reilly?

Kreider and Smith are totally different types of players than Bread...
Kreider is worth $10M? Really? Good thing you’re not the GM....

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Kreider is worth $10M? Really? Good thing you’re not the GM....
All I was saying is Kreider and Smith have nothing to do with Bread, but if he was gonna change his game at all, at least he'd turn into a great playoff power forward that will score clutch goals instead of a useless forward that can't play thru the physical playoff game. That's all.

If I was the GM you would love it and the players I'd bring to shape the scorers. I would make it fun for everyone.

Vote for me lol

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
The Jackets new players did nothing.

Gave up a 2020 1st
Losing Panarin for nothing
Losing Bob for nothing

Gets to play 4 games vs Tampa

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
All I was saying is Kreider and Smith have nothing to do with Bread, but if he was gonna change his game at all, at least he'd turn into a great playoff power forward that will score clutch goals instead of a useless forward that can't play thru the physical playoff game. That's all.

If I was the GM you would love it and the players I'd bring to shape the scorers. I would make it fun for everyone.

Vote for me lol
Panarin has been looking really clutch down the stretch, which was my point. I’m not really on board to get him and the super high sticker price. But if we did, he’d BETTER be better than anyone not named Barkov. Lately he’s looking like he might be. For the $9-10M sticker, you MUST NOT get a Kreider of Smith or Oreilly or Duchene level guy. While those are all good, they’re not $9-10M. When you commit that much, you need someone very close to Ovi level. I’m not sure Panarin is there yet. But the last few games say that he might be close.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Panarin has been looking really clutch down the stretch, which was my point. I’m not really on board to get him and the super high sticker price. But if we did, he’d BETTER be better than anyone not named Barkov. Lately he’s looking like he might be. For the $9-10M sticker, you MUST NOT get a Kreider of Smith or Oreilly or Duchene level guy. While those are all good, they’re not $9-10M. When you commit that much, you need someone very close to Ovi level. I’m not sure Panarin is there yet. But the last few games say that he might be close.
Of course!

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Preds in 7.
Blues in 5.
Flames in 5.
Vegas in 4.

Tampa in 4.
Bruins in 6.
Caps in 4.
Isles in 7.

Preds/Stars and Pens/Isles should be good, otherwise meh.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
Preds in 6.
Jets in 6.
Flames in 5.
Vegas in 5.

Tampa in 4.
Bruins in 5.
Caps in 5.
Isles in 6.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
The Jackets new players did nothing.

Gave up a 2020 1st
Losing Panarin for nothing
Losing Bob for nothing

Gets to play 4 games vs Tampa
What if they stun the world and beat Tampa? It’s playoffs. Anything can happen.

So their future looks bleak. Our present looks bleak.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Not really excited about most of these match ups tbh.

Tampa in 6.
Boston in 7.
Washington in 5.
Pittsburgh in 6.

Nashville in 6.
Winnipeg in 7.
Calgary in 6.
San Jose in 7.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
The sticker price on Bob worries me alot more than for Panarin.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
CBJ vs TB, TB in 4
TOR vs BOS, BOS in 6

CAR vs WSH, WSH in 5
PIT vs NYI, PIT in 6

COL vs CGY, CGY in 6
DAL vs NSH, DAL in 7

STL vs WPG, STL in 6
VGK vs SJ, VGK in 7

TOR vs BOS, BOS in 7

CAR vs WSH, WSH in 6
PIT vs NYI, PIT in 5

COL vs CGY, CGY in 5
DAL vs NSH, NSH in 6

STL vs WPG, WPG in 7
VGK vs SJ, SJS in 7

boring : DAL/NSH
exciting : PIT/NYI
physical : VGK/SJS

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
TOR vs BOS, BOS in 7

CAR vs WSH, WSH in 6
PIT vs NYI, PIT in 5

COL vs CGY, CGY in 5
DAL vs NSH, NSH in 6

STL vs WPG, WPG in 7
VGK vs SJ, SJS in 7

boring : DAL/NSH
exciting : PIT/NYI
physical : VGK/SJS

Missing one series no?
I'm just hoping CBJ gets crushed to keep Bob and Panarins demands down.

Think STL and DAL are upsets. WPG looks off right now but they will get some players back now. Helly is smelly, dont trust him at all.

I take it you think NYI are a paper tiger?

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
I mean, if Bobrovsky's past playoff performance isn't already affecting his potential salary demand...

It's probably just going to be more of the usual playoff Bobrovsky, followed by a couple months of Panthers fans debating whether it's actually a good idea to sign him. Some will blame him, some will blame the results on having to play the Penguins, either way it's gonna be good for discussion on here.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Missing one series no?
I'm just hoping CBJ gets crushed to keep Bob and Panarins demands down.

Think STL and DAL are upsets. WPG looks off right now but they will get some players back now. Helly is smelly, dont trust him at all.

I take it you think NYI are a paper tiger?

Tampax in 4.

DAL doesn't have enough depth to threaten NSH.
STL caught fire a bit but I don't think they can match WPG on high end talent level.
NYI is still going up against a recent two-time Cup champions and the Pens just have more than enough talent to mow down the Isles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad