Golf: 2019 PGA Championship

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Daly calls cart a disadvantage for hilly Bethpage

"Tiger Woods did not sound sympathetic Tuesday when asked about Daly. "As far as J.D. taking a cart, I walked with a broken leg, so," Woods said, referring to his 2008 U.S. Open win."

Daly is given an advantage, then whines about it. Tiger gives the appropriate response.

I don't know why they gave it to him. If you can't physically get around this golf course, you shouldn't be playing in this tournament. It's an advantage that other players don't have. To be able to not have to walk a golf course while carrying an injury is an advantage. There are likely some other players in this tournament who are playing with leg, ankle, knee injuries, yet they didn't request a cart.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Is there typically no morning TV coverage Thursday and Friday for the PGA? I know there never is for the Masters but don’t really recall that for any of the other 3 majors

PGA and Masters don't have morning TV coverage, but PGA is a little better with showing more of the afternoon coverage and more of the weekend coverage.

Fox does a bad job with the US Open broadcast, but they have a lot of coverage. They cover all of the first two rounds and most of the weekend rounds. Golf Channel and NBC have as much or more TV coverage for the Open as the US Open, but the production of it is much better. The only issue is that the Open hasn't had shot-tracker, which all three of the other majors have. Maybe they'll have it this year.

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Brooks next interview with PMT made me dislike him again lol, finds golf boring and wants to shorten rounds to 14 holes.

Why does he have to be so good.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Tiger didn't play enough coming into this tournament. He's been cutting back his tournaments more and more over the years. This is not good. It worked at the Masters, but I don't think its a good strategy. Tiger hasn't started off a lot of these majors he's contended in recently all that well. There's probably some rust even in those events. He also didn't practice yesterday. How many other players in the field do you think weren't practicing yesterday? No wonder he airmailed the first shot that required touch.

And the bad part of this is that I don't think he's doing this because he thinks this best prepares him for these tournaments. I think he's doing this because he physically cannot prepare himself for that many tournaments anymore and cannot practice as much as other players are practicing. His routine to get ready for a round sounds worrying for his longevity in the game. Is he going to want to do this for another 10 years or if he goes 2-3 years without a major will he retire?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Koepka is such an enigma. Yet again, he hasn't played all that well in the regular events, but here he is dominating the majors once again. At some point its not a fluke, and this is just the way he plays the game. Maybe his effort level isn't the same in regular events, like he's said.

But if thats the case and lets say Koepka is able to rattle off majors at a decent clip, can he actually be a star if he's only winning regular events as often as Matt Kuchar and throws in a historically elite major win%? Brandel suggested he can't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad