Golf: 2019 PGA Championship

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
If Koepka loses this Championship, is it in the realm of some all-time chokes?

Spieth at Augusta in 2016? Norman at Augusta in 1996? Van de Velde in 1999 at Carnoustie? Scott at Lytham in 2012?
To me, Jean Van de Velde’s will always be the worst because it was just a 1-hole absolute clusterf***. Like he could have hit 8 iron, 8 iron, wedge, 3 putt and still have won. Watching it in real time eas just beyond belief at how bad it was and the crazy decisions he kept making. IMO that’s different than losing a big 18-hole lead.

But if Koepka does lose this (I still think he closes it out) it would be a MASSIVE shock.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
To me, Jean Van de Velde’s will always be the worst because it was just a 1-hole absolute cluster****. Like he could have hit 8 iron, 8 iron, wedge, 3 putt and still have won. Watching it in real time eas just beyond belief at how bad it was and the crazy decisions he kept making. IMO that’s different than losing a big 18-hole lead.

But if Koepka does lose this (I still think he closes it out) it would be a MASSIVE shock.
Yeah, hard to disagree with that reasoning. Every time I watch the sequence of compounded mistakes, I honestly don't believe what I'm witnessing. I wonder if it still eats at him.

Reactions: TB12

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He saw that shot from Varner go so far right that he went too far left to compensate

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad