OT: 2019 OT Non-Ski Resort Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
I’m amazed Wetcoaster is remembered here so fondly. He occasionally made useful contributions on legal stuff but the guy was a blowhard asshat with horrible hockey takes (he was still making fun of Kesler’s shot when he scored 40 goals) who was constantly spamming threads with the same couple cut/paste essays every time one of his trigger topics was mentioned, in particular Pat Quinn who he had a bizarre vendetta against.

Always wondered if he was Ron Perrick.

As someone who remembers when he was ultra active on the forums I have to agree. He basically drove me away from the site during that period single handedly.

Reactions: MS and Pip

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Barney Gumble, now there was a poster!

What happened to this guy? Was *HE* actually a replicant too??? :sarcasm:

58xf.gif

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
I've had a good time stalking these 5+ year old posts by people I've never heard of while waiting for an appointment.

On an unrelated note holy f*** do I hate clinics.

Last edited:

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
M
I've had a good time stalking these 5+ year old posts by people I've never heard of while waiting for an appointment.

On an unrelated note holy **** do I hate clinics.

I wish I could delete some things I've said. I've changed a lot since posting here. Luckily posting is anonymous.

I've really tried to tune down a lot. Even on Twitter I've basically tried to keep silent. It's weird, the Canucks OHL scout follows me and a few of the Lockwood family and McEwan's mother follows me. So as of lately I've been a lot more tuned down on Twitter.

I was insufferable when I first joined HF

Reactions: Pip

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
M

I wish I could delete some things I've said. I've changed a lot since posting here. Luckily posting is anonymous.

I've really tried to tune down a lot. Even on Twitter I've basically tried to keep silent. It's weird, the Canucks OHL scout follows me and a few of the Lockwood family and McEwan's mother follows me. So as of lately I've been a lot more tuned down on Twitter.

I was insufferable when I first joined HF

I'm pretty sure Palango just searches his name and follows anyone who has mentioned him.

He followed me after I posted this.

Reactions: WTG

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Well I think it’s also in comparison to some of the posters that have joined here recently that provide no useful discussion but are blowhards, we have lost some good posters and have seen an influx of stupid ones. I fear what the future holds if botch posted a link to these boards when discussing tanevs value.

If we are remembering fondly can we remember the old ski resort under the sea thread. I’d give anything to read that one again

Wetcoaster's "YMMV" drops when he was clearly wrong on stuff but wouldn't concede were hilarious. Maybe moreso in nostalgic hindsight than actually in an argument with him, but yeah, I'd take 1000 Wetcoaster reincarnations spamming every Quinn thread over another Ryan Miller.

Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
I'm pretty sure Palango just searches his name and follows anyone who has mentioned him.

He followed me after I posted this.

Ah makes it a bit better.

Having the prospects family members follow you is weird.

Social media is just weird. I'm extremely grateful that I had enough foresight to not be political on social media. The only time I ever got political was one time on the political board which I was still anonymous. Maybe I'm paranoid but having political tweets is probably not going to be a good look to future employers.

In today's world people dont judge people on how they are on their average, rather they judge you based on your extremes. If you did one thing that is considered out of line that is a reflection on everything about you. That scares me, especially with how freely people share their fringe political believes.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
As someone who remembers when he was ultra active on the forums I have to agree. He basically drove me away from the site during that period single handedly.

Oh, don’t get me wrong. He could be a real pill to deal with. But I hope wherever he’s at that he’s doing well; same wish I have for most who have posted or do post here.

Most, anyway... *sidelong glance at Hit the post*

Reactions: Hit the post

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Periodic fan.
I loved Van Nistelrooy and Edwin Van Der Sar. I still have Ruud's Dutch Jersey somewhere, I used to wear it all the time and was upset when I outgrew it.
I started follow them when the first season they bought Rooney, was only 8 years old

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Tiranis was my fav poster on here, don't think I paid much attention to MS before 2014, dude ****ing owns now.

Back in the day when I was uhhh busier with life and didnt't have time to post here much or read entire threads, I used to have in my bookmarks a link to MS's posts so that if the Canucks signed some player and I wanted someone's opinion on it, I could just skip the rest of the thread and read his take.

Reactions: RobsonStreet

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
I didn’t realize MS was such a sensitive guy until he said The Transformers movie (1986 animated film) was horrible because it almost destroyed his childhood.

Movie spoilers
They killed off Optimus Prime.

I thought it was far better than any of that Michael Bay crap,

Reactions: PM

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
I didn’t realize MS was such a sensitive guy until he said The Transformers movie (1986 animated film) was horrible because it almost destroyed his childhood.

Movie spoilers

And Dirk Diggler's work on the theme song, The Touch? So good.

Reactions: PM and Hit the post

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015

Movie spoilers

What is this kind of shitty spoiler warning.
Ruined the movie for me now. Way to go, Jerk.

Reactions: Hit the post
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad