2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Well I'm already looking pretty set at the RB position.

I've got Kamara as a 12th round keeper and Mack as a 14th round keeper this year.

Two legitimate RB's before this football season is even over. Honestly, I'll probably still try to draft Gurley in the 1st round if I can get a top 3 pick and run those 3 as my RB + Flex.

Reactions: m9

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Will be interesting to see how high Henry goes next year.

Still probably TD dependent.

Outside a small handful of marque guys, it's best not to reach. Grabbing guys such as Chubb and Lindsey off the waiver wire became vital for me.

Despite having both Gordon and McCafferey.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Looking forward for the draft and really interested to see how the Redskins go into it. We need a QB, some play makers, a safety, etc. The list is endless really. They won't be able to address all the issues through one draft, so I wonder what they will prioritize.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
I'm curious where Mahomes goes in most drafts. He had almost 100 more points than the next highest scoring QB. That's a pretty wide margin. Is he going to buck the trend of people waiting to draft QBs until later in the draft? I think he will go somewhere in rounds 1-3 in most drafts.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I'm curious where Mahomes goes in most drafts. He had almost 100 more points than the next highest scoring QB. That's a pretty wide margin. Is he going to buck the trend of people waiting to draft QBs until later in the draft? I think he will go somewhere in rounds 1-3 in most drafts.
Probably mid-late 2nd/early 3rd, although I think you'll see someone consistently "reach" for him in the 1st round. You can't just ignore the kind of season he had as a first time starter.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

I agree with mid to late 2nd/early 3rd.

I'm generally one of the last people to take a QB. And I usually don't draft a backup. It's safe to say that Mahomes won't be on any of my teams this upcoming season unless it's a two QB league.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Probably mid-late 2nd/early 3rd, although I think you'll see someone consistently "reach" for him in the 1st round. You can't just ignore the kind of season he had as a first time starter.

I agree with mid to late 2nd/early 3rd.

I'm generally one of the last people to take a QB. And I usually don't draft a backup. It's safe to say that Mahomes won't be on any of my teams this upcoming season unless it's a two QB league.

I agree with this range, and yeah he won't be on any of my teams next year either.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
It sure looks like this is not the year to have a high pick in rookie drafts. I mean, there are still about two months until the draft, but it isn't looking good for the skill position players... unless you need a tight end...

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
It sure looks like this is not the year to have a high pick in rookie drafts. I mean, there are still about two months until the draft, but it isn't looking good for the skill position players... unless you need a tight end...

Should be pretty loaded for WRs and the TE class is looking solid. A few RBs will end up fine because of landing spot. No top guy as of now though so it's not a great year to have 1-01.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
I've had my best seasons in fantasy when I stopped taking QBs with my first pick.

All I ask for is a top tier RB that I draft for once in my life.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Stating the obvious, Baker Mayfield is the biggest winner from the free agent frenzy.

Who else is a winner? Nick Foles... and I'm drawing a blank after the two QBs.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Some winners in terms of value:

QB - Mayfield, Foles, Carr

RB - Latavius Murray, Dalvin Cook, Marlon Mack, Mike Davis, Carlos Hyde

WR - James Washington, Dante Pettis, Chris Godwin, Devon Funchess, Mike Williams

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I just lost Gronk to retirement in my main dynasty. I still don't see a point in "going for it" since a team went 16-0 last year with a ridiculous point total (and that team is still super young). What do you guys think I should do? Nobody really makes any moves until July, anyway... I just thought I'd ask.

QB- Rivers
WR- Evans
WR- Cooper
WR- Tate
RB- Kamara
RB- Elliott
TE- Goedert
Flex- L. Miller
K- Lutz
DEF- Bears
BN- Stafford, Drake, D. Williams, J. Jackson, D. Moore, Westbrook, Gallup, Hamilton, Bills, empty
IR- Fuller, Lee

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
You can probably get a rookie TE like Noah Fant at the top of the 2nd round in rookie drafts. Depending where he lands, I think he'll have an impact next year. Maybe trade Drake or Miller to secure that TE either with a rookie pick or just trade straight up for a starter.

I think your team looks good though.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
You can probably get a rookie TE like Noah Fant at the top of the 2nd round in rookie drafts. Depending where he lands, I think he'll have an impact next year. Maybe trade Drake or Miller to secure that TE either with a rookie pick or just trade straight up for a starter.

I think your team looks good though.

I know it's good, but the chances of me beating that team are slim to none.

QB- Brees
WR- M. Thomas
WR- A. Brown
WR- Hopkins
RB- Barkley
RB- Bell
TE- Kelce
Flex- Cook
K- Gostkowski
DEF- Jags
BN- Goff, Hines, Breida, Conner, Blue, J. Wilson, M. Williams, Godwin, Njoku, T. Smith
IR- McKinnon, H. Henry

Reactions: m9

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Jacobs is the favorite to be the #1 rookie pick, right? Or is it Harry? Or will we see the #1 rookie pick drafted tonight?
Jacobs and it isn't even remotely close IMO. Kind of a lax draft for skill players, but I think Jacobs will be a good one right off the bat.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I'm picking 6th in a redraft full PPR.

Will have the choice, likely, between Gordon or Hopkins/OBJ/Jones and then someone like Chubb/Brown/JuJu in the 2nd.

I've been tinkering and it sucks going with 2 receivers because I'm left with a backfield of Mack + Henry at best, but am stacked with Hopkins + Brown/JuJu as my receivers.

I'd rather Hopkins 1st instead of Gordon, but feel the teams I'm drafting going RB 1st round and WR 2nd end up better because of the number of legitimate RB's going early and the mount there are total.

If Kelce is there at 19th I am taking him for sure, feel he puts up as good/better numbers as the WR's and RB's there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad