2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zibanejbread

Rebuilding.
Jan 19, 2013
PA
Im in a dynasty league where you can keep 3 players.

1 is for sure Mahomes for the cost of an 11th.

Who would you choose for the remaining two between:
Mike Williams cost an 8th
Christian Kirk cost a 10th
Hunter Henry cost a 10th
Williams and Henry

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL
1. Kicker in the last round
2. Defense in the second to last round
3. Be one of the last ones to take a QB
4. Load up on RB and WR early and often
5. Kicker in the last round

Great beginner advice here. I'll add that #3 is NOT true in leagues in which you start 2 QBs, but in 1 QB leagues it is practically an ironclad rule to follow.

Also, especially because you are new, do lots of mock drafts to get a feel for the process and how different decisions (going WR/WR in the first 2 rounds, grabbing a TE early vs late, etc.) affect your team.

Blueblood9

Dec 11, 2011
Nashville, TN
Agreed, but if possible, I wouldn't draft a kicker at all and just hold an extra RB/WR until week 1 starts as injury insurance.

Be prepared to take one in the last round. i know at nfl.com and espn you need to draft all of atleast 1 of the starting lineup. in other words drafting a kicker might be mandatory

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Im in a dynasty league where you can keep 3 players.

1 is for sure Mahomes for the cost of an 11th.

Who would you choose for the remaining two between:
Mike Williams cost an 8th
Christian Kirk cost a 10th
Hunter Henry cost a 10th

Williams and Kirk

I love Arizona's potential for fantasy. They suck, so there will be a lot of garbage time. And Kingsbury loves to go up tempo on offense.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Agreed, but if possible, I wouldn't draft a kicker at all and just hold an extra RB/WR until week 1 starts as injury insurance.

Yeah, I forgot about this. Yahoo allows you not to draft a kicker, so you could just hold a lottery ticket until the Wednesday before the opening game and then add a kicker from what's left.

Great beginner advice here. I'll add that #3 is NOT true in leagues in which you start 2 QBs, but in 1 QB leagues it is practically an ironclad rule to follow.

Also, especially because you are new, do lots of mock drafts to get a feel for the process and how different decisions (going WR/WR in the first 2 rounds, grabbing a TE early vs late, etc.) affect your team.

Yeah, true. Superflex leagues as well

The trouble with mocks is that a lot of people tend to leave the mock draft room after the first few rounds.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I have the 5th pick in 10 team PPR. First four picks are set in stone pretty much. Gordon is holding out (draft isn't til last Sunday in August though) and I'm really not a Bell fan this year. Year off, plays for the Jets. Just a gut feeling. I'm really high on David Johnson and might just reach for him. It's basically him and Hopkins I'm deciding between.

I could trade down and take Johnson but I'm pretty sure the league only does straight pick swaps and I'd rather stay at 5 for the remaining rounds. I like being in the middle. Also feel like WR is deeper than RB and don't think I'll have much left to choose from coming back around in the 2nd. And much rather have a guy like Juju, Evans, Cooper, Evans type as my WR1 than 2nd tier RB as my RB1

I did a few mock drafts:

The one I took Johnson I wound up with him, Juju, Thielen, Jacobs and Michel as my first 5 picks.
The one I took Hopkins I got him, Conner, Ertz, Aaron Jones and Diggs.

Now those are just mocks and I wanna say normally Diggs won't be there in round 5 in most leagues. But the guys in my league I'm sure are a lot different than random dudes on ESPN or the autopick feature. I know for a fact someone will take Mahomes in the first 2 rounds, there was one guy who took Luck #4 a few years ago.

Last edited:

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I have the 5th pick in 10 team PPR. First four picks are set in stone pretty much. Gordon is holding out (draft isn't til last Sunday in August though) and I'm really not a Bell fan this year. Year off, plays for the Jets. Just a gut feeling. I'm really high on David Johnson and might just reach for him. It's basically him and Hopkins I'm deciding between.

I could trade down and take Johnson but I'm pretty sure the league only does straight pick swaps and I'd rather stay at 5 for the remaining rounds. I like being in the middle. Also feel like WR is deeper than RB and don't think I'll have much left to choose from coming back around in the 2nd. And much rather have a guy like Juju, Evans, Cooper, Evans type as my WR1 than 2nd tier RB as my RB1

I did a few mock drafts:

The one I took Johnson I wound up with him, Juju, Thielen, Jacobs and Michel as my first 5 picks.
The one I took Hopkins I got him, Conner, Ertz, Aaron Jones and Diggs.

Now those are just mocks and I wanna say normally Diggs won't be there in round 5 in most leagues. But the guys in my league I'm sure are a lot different than random dudes on ESPN or the autopick feature. I know for a fact someone will take Mahomes in the first 2 rounds, there was one guy who took Luck #4 a few years ago.

I'm starting a 2019 season discussion thread now that it is August. I'd re-post this in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad