2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Keeper question. We keep 1 player at the cost of the draft pick he was selected at last year.

Pick 1

Golladay 10th rounder
Lockett 11th rounder
Aaron Jones 12th rounder.

I'm heavily leaning towards keeping Jones, but guys I talk to in my league all assume I'm keeping Lockett for some reason. I think they may be trying to bamboozle me though.

Thoughts?

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Keeper question. We keep 1 player at the cost of the draft pick he was selected at last year.

Pick 1

Golladay 10th rounder
Lockett 11th rounder

I'm heavily leaning towards keeping Jones, but guys I talk to in my league all assume I'm keeping Lockett for some reason. I think they may be trying to bamboozle me though.

Thoughts?

you really cant go wrong with any of the three. all exploded on the scene last season. Lockett was clutch with 10tds. plus with Baldwin being out he will play even a bigger role with rookie DK.

Golladay had a monster season with over 1k receiving and 5 tds but he still has solid target competition in M.Jones and Amendola in the slot and their new rookie 1st round TE.

I like Jones as his only competition is J Williams and Dexter Williams doesn't seem like the guy to break out.

I would be leaning towards either Lockett or Jones. I think it all depends on what/who you believe everyone else will be keeping

Zibanejbread

Rebuilding.
Jan 19, 2013
PA

Pick 1

Golladay 10th rounder
Lockett 11th rounder

Thoughts?
I'd lean Jones over Lockett for a couple reasons. First, being position scarcity. I much prefer an RB to a WR, especially at that price. Second, with Baldwin retired, it's possible Lockett sees top CB coverage. Plus, I like GBs offense more than Seattle.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

Pick 1

Golladay 10th rounder
Lockett 11th rounder

Thoughts?

I'd lean Jones, but I wouldn't blame you if you kept either of the other two.

As mentioned, Lockett may see shadow coverage now that he's basically their only legit WR.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Thanks guys. Barring some bad news or injury, I'll be keeping Jones.

Next question:

You have a draft strategy for 2nd overall in a 12-team draft?

My usual strategy in any draft is to do a bunch of mocks to learn general ADP of players, and then write target players for each round, and then build the team based off that.

But are there any other tips for early round drafting? My only guess is I can't bank on waiting for guys, so if I like a player, be prepared to reach a little for him?

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

Next question:

My usual strategy in any draft is to do a bunch of mocks to learn general ADP of players, and then write target players for each round, and then build the team based off that.

But are there any other tips for early round drafting? My only guess is I can't bank on waiting for guys, so if I like a player, be prepared to reach a little for him?

If you love a guy, especially picking near the turn, you have to take him early or not get him at all.

Reactions: sabresEH

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB

Next question:

Do your research before draft day. I always just pick up a fantasy pro guide a few weeks before and review the changes/drafts/injuries in a teams offensive line. It is also nice to see which teams have a projected "easier" schedule.

as for second overall. I would probably go with a top RB workhorse and then go RB/WR or since you are keeping Jones who should be a starter then maybe WR/ TE or WR. I personally tend to draft QBs quite late in the draft.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.

Pick 1

Golladay 10th rounder
Lockett 11th rounder

Thoughts?
Keep Jones, always easier to find WR help than RB imo (although zero RB enthusiasts beg to differ).

Drafting 2nd overall, well the other guys mostly covered it. You will likely have to reach a bit if you really like someone and he's ADP isn't right around where you are selecting. It's hard to say who will be available because it is a keeper league but if one of the big RB's are available, I'd grab them and run them with Jones as a formidable 1-2 RB, then you have lots of picks to find WR help. I tend to often draft TE late, though the top 3 this year may be worth grabbing early. QB always wait on.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I'm almost always the last person to take a QB. It's safe to say that Pat Mahomes won't be on any of my one year league teams this year (unless it's a 2 QB league, which I don't think I'll be in any).

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I'm almost always the last person to take a QB. It's safe to say that Pat Mahomes won't be on any of my one year league teams this year (unless it's a 2 QB league, which I don't think I'll be in any).

Same here. Took Mahomes in like 13th or 14th round as my starter in one of my leagues.

Think I wound up with these guys as my starters in each league:

Ryan (10 teams)
Ryan (12)
Stafford (16) (was targeting Mahomes but theres a Chiefs fan in the league who took him early)
Mahomes (10)

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Same here. Took Mahomes in like 13th or 14th round as my starter in one of my leagues.

Think I wound up with these guys as my starters in each league:

Ryan (10 teams)
Ryan (12)
Stafford (16) (was targeting Mahomes but theres a Chiefs fan in the league who took him early)
Mahomes (10)

Based on ADP so far, I'd be perfectly fine with one of the old guys (Brady, Ben or Rivers) in round 10.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
And venting for a sec...

I am in the process of preparing for my football leagues. I still can't believe that someone in one of my dynasties was dumb enough to trade Saquon Barkley for Alshon Jeffery, Royce Freeman, Devonta Freeman and Jameis Winston...

Reactions: JetsWillFly4Ever

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Commish dilemma...

There were a few picks for 2019 that were traded during the 2018 season for a dynasty that I run. We kept track of everything on a forum, but the forum was shut down. The only record of the traded picks was on that forum.

What do I do?

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Commish dilemma...

There were a few picks for 2019 that were traded during the 2018 season for a dynasty that I run. We kept track of everything on a forum, but the forum was shut down. The only record of the traded picks was on that forum.

What do I do?
I'd have people post every trade that they remember (as much as they can), and put each one to vote as to whether it's accepted or not. Honor system for vetoing a trade; if you have zero recollection of it, abstain from voting.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Doing my first fantasy football league this year, and I really have no idea what I'm doing. Any quick tips?

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
Im in a dynasty league where you can keep 3 players.

1 is for sure Mahomes for the cost of an 11th.

Who would you choose for the remaining two between:
Mike Williams cost an 8th
Christian Kirk cost a 10th
Hunter Henry cost a 10th

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga
Im in a dynasty league where you can keep 3 players.

1 is for sure Mahomes for the cost of an 11th.

Who would you choose for the remaining two between:
Mike Williams cost an 8th
Christian Kirk cost a 10th
Hunter Henry cost a 10th
Williams and Henry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad