Speculation: 2019 Offseason: Panarin, Stone, Duchene or None?

Who would you choose?

• Panarin

• Stone

• Duchene

• None of the above

Results are only viewable after voting.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Collin Delia has played 13 games in his NHL career, can we maybe take a lesson from the Scott Darling nonsense and get a larger sample before we decide to move Crawford based on a hope and a prayer?

In many respects, contending next year feels like we’re driving around with a U-haul full of new furniture and appliances looking at houses. Still so many unanswered questions. Tough spot for Bowman. It’ll be fun to watch though.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Crow's contract isn't an issue. We have cap space this summer and it expires next year. However, I'd rather see him retire for his long term health.
never said it was an issue, just responding to JD talking about people wanting him to be moved - that just isn't going to happen at all with his health. he plays with us until his contract ends by next season, once Chia got canned there isn't a GM going to trade for Crow unless we ate 90% of the contract or he plays at an elite level the entire first half next season healthy.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
never said it was an issue, just responding to JD talking about people wanting him to be moved - that just isn't going to happen at all with his health. he plays with us until his contract ends by next season, once Chia got canned there isn't a GM going to trade for Crow unless we ate 90% of the contract or he plays at an elite level the entire first half next season healthy.

You’re Bowman and Panarin and Stone show up in your office asking to play together on the Hawks. Do you buy Crawford out to make it happen?

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Why and how are we going to move Crow? Sometimes our passion can get delusional. I'm thinking a team can only retain up to 50%?

Who's going to trade for a 34 year old goalie with brain issues @ a cap hit of $6mn? You're right ... Chia. :)

I agree with your sentiments.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
You're right. He could still be bought out.

Either way, the Hawks have to stop with the NMCs and NTCs. LA and Nashville rarely if ever give them out. Even Kopitar and Doughty didn’t even have so much as a limited NTC until the extensions they just signed. And even then, the team can still trade them in the back half of their new deals.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Either way, the Hawks have to stop with the NMCs and NTCs. LA and Nashville rarely if ever give them out. Even Kopitar and Doughty didn’t even have so much as a limited NTC until the extensions they just signed. And even then, the team can still trade them in the back half of their new deals.
Does Cam Ward really have a NMC?

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010

Yep. I don’t get it. You can’t pay players a premium price and give them NMCs. One or the other. I fear it’s just expected that if you are doing business with Chicago, you’re getting one, regardless of the agreed upon contract.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Yep. I don’t get it. You can’t pay players a premium price and give them NMCs. One or the other. I fear it’s just expected that if you are doing business with Chicago, you’re getting one, regardless of the agreed upon contract.
I know it's only a 1 year deal ... but why would we give an old goalie on his last legs a NMC? At least we coulc sell him for the biggest bidder at the deadline with a decent season. Now we have to send down Delia if Crow comes back?

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I know it's only a 1 year deal ... but why would we give an old goalie on his last legs a NMC? At least we coulc sell him for the biggest bidder at the deadline with a decent season. Now we have to send down Delia if Crow comes back?

Yeah, that would be an unmitigated disaster. We’d just have to carry 3 goalies. It would still be a clusterf*** but Delia needs to play. Could end up with a couple angry veteran goalies, Crawford especially. He’ll want starter’s minutes when he returns.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006

I heard that it likely has to do with wards familial situation. I understand that he has a child with special needs and that likely meant that he wanted a NMCfir the child’s sake. Also he likely calls it quits after this season and did not want to be uprooted during the year

Reactions: Callidusblackhawk

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I heard that it likely has to do with wards familial situation. I understand that he has a child with special needs and that likely meant that he wanted a NMCfir the child’s sake. Also he likely calls it quits after this season and did not want to be uprooted during the year
Well ... thanks for killing my narrative. Once you use the "special needs child" card, I'll take the L.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

It's a one year deal, so it doesn't really matter. It was likely a stipulation he requested if he were only given a one year deal, as I believe he wanted a multi-year deal.

His son was born deaf, but has cochlear implants now. There was an article in The Player's Tribune about him and his son. His son is also a goalie in youth hockey.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
It's a one year deal, so it doesn't really matter. It was likely a stipulation he requested if he were only given a one year deal, as I believe he wanted a multi-year deal.

His son was born deaf, but has cochlear implants now. There was an article in The Player's Tribune about him and his son. His son is also a goalie in youth hockey.

Yeah, someone mentioned that. Thanks though.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Yeah, someone mentioned that. Thanks though.

What I was meaning is that I doubt his son had much to do with the NMC. He's like 8 years old, and has implants so he's not deaf anymore, and plays youth hockey as a goalie, even. The best guess I have is that he wanted multiple years, and the Hawks didn't want to give them to him, so he said I'll take one at 3m, if you give me a NMC.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
What I was meaning is that I doubt his son had much to do with the NMC. He's like 8 years old, and has implants so he's not deaf anymore, and plays youth hockey as a goalie, even. The best guess I have is that he wanted multiple years, and the Hawks didn't want to give them to him, so he said I'll take one at 3m, if you give me a NMC.

Ok, that makes sense. It is what it is. I mean, at this point, we don’t have any aging players needing contracts so NMCs and NTCs shouldn’t be a concern for awhile anyway.

But what do you think will happen if Crow comes back soon?

Reactions: ChiHawks10

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL

Generally speaking, I agree. But the question is, and we'll never know the answer, is do you get anything for giving the NMC/NTC? Take Cat, since he's up next. Would you give him a NMC if it meant he'd take a half a mil less per season? What if it was a full mil per season?

I can why it might be in a teams best interest to give them out from time to time, but as fans we will never have all the info.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad