Status
Not open for further replies.

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
I can't believe he brought Cooper back.
Why can't you believe it?

His quote to ME:

"The names on the back are meaningless compared to the emblem on the front"

(really? launch Stammer, Kuch, Heddy, Vasy and see how that works out putting people in the seats)

AND the one that really turned me against HIM AND Cooper

Sustr was picked over Boyle ...

Nothing will surprise me from JBB when it comes to Cooper unless he fires him; which will never happen.

ArmaHedman

Nov 30, 2006
Sarasota, FL
"Eventually we're going to bring back the Cup to Tampa with these players and these coaches"
"I'm not going to overreact and blow things up"

Julien BriseBois.

Trust the BrisePlans.

I did not see that JBB's presser was out yet and really took this as sarcasm! Sadly it is not. While I was only a 10 pack season ticket holder, this was my last year doing that. Bolts 4 Life no longer. And this statement really makes that feel like the completely right call. Still love this team, will follow it closely but on TV and only the occasional game.

We will be the next Detroit minus the 3 cups they won in those 20 years of playoff runs. We will be a great regual season team, have some deep playoff runs, some short playoff runs and never get it done. SAD!

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Why can't you believe it?

His quote to ME:

"The names on the back are meaningless compared to the emblem on the front"

(really? launch Stammer, Kuch, Heddy, Vasy and see how that works out putting people in the seats)

AND the one that really turned me against HIM AND Cooper

Sustr was picked over Boyle ...

Nothing will surprise me from JBB when it comes to Cooper unless he fires him; which will never happen.

I'm not sure why you have such a big problem with this - you keep bringing it up. There's nothing foul it just means he wants team buy-in....lol

Reactions: Hoek

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
?? What do you mean? The team has no capspace to make any moves, they have to CLEAR cap this summer. You sure won't be seeing any roster upgrades, this was the best one you'll get in awhile.
Maybe we can move some players...
We won't see Stralman, Coburn and Girardi. I'm curious to see who will play in our defense nexy year.
Paquette, Erne, Martel and Point are RFA. I'm curious to see what happens with these guys...

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Maybe we can move some players...
We won't see Stralman, Coburn and Girardi. I'm curious to see who will play in our defense nexy year.
Paquette, Erne, Martel and Point are RFA. I'm curious to see what happens with these guys...

We'd be moving players to clear cap, you're going to see a downgrade in depth and there's no room to acquire any impact UFA, trades will be for our roster player (Callahan, Miller, Gourde, Palat etc) for picks, prospects or cheap 4th liners.

Unless a prospect comes and blows training camp away, Cooper will have less to work with next year, if you're looking forwards to July 1 for roster improvements, you'll be sorely disappointed.

As for the D - nothing really special, 1 of the 3 will be re-signed, that leaves Hedman, McD, Sergachev and Cernak, Rutta likely re-signed and one prospect makes the jump.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
We'd be moving players to clear cap, you're going to see a downgrade in depth and there's no room to acquire any impact UFA.

Unless a prospect comes and blows training camp away, Cooper will have less to work with next year, if you're looking forwards to July 1 for roster improvements, you'll be sorely disappointed.
We'll see :) :)
However I'm not asking to acquire Karlsson...
I'm perfectly fine with the young guys (because I don't and won't put any type pressure to the team), and I hope BB will acquire some veteran maybe.
We'll see :)

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I view this as the opposite of thinking. Cooper is his guy and no amount of failure will sway him from that. That's all emotion and no thought.
I would've at least like to have heard him say he is reevaluating everything before committing to him. Make Cooper squirm a bit.

Reactions: MattM92

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I would've at least like to have heard him say he is reevaluating everything before committing to him. Make Cooper squirm a bit.

Exactly. He doesn't have to come out and say "Cooper sucks and this is all his fault", just say that everything from head coach to healthy scratch is going to be re-evaluated before a decision is made.

To just plainly say that Cooper is the guy going forward is absurd.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Going into next year with the exact same personnel is a f***ing disgrace. What a cop out.

And for the love of God can we please stop with all the childish, fangirl "Yzerplan" "Briseplan" shit. It makes people sound like marks.

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
I'm not sure why you have such a big problem with this - you keep bringing it up. There's nothing foul it just means he wants team buy-in....lol
I get what he was alluding to apparently you don't see the issue...

He was trying to justify SUSTR over Boyle... one is still in the NHL and playing in playoffs (out with appy issue) and the other... He was justifying COOPER losing the locker room in 2016 - 17.

How do you justify Cooper losing the locker room? And since you don't have a problem with the names on the back, then blow up the team, trade anyone who's marketable downstairs in Amalie and see how any player ever buys into this guano again...

Good luck with that ... the guy is a tool. Was trying to the US Olympic team (where the emblem on the front IS bigger than the names) to the Bolts... bad parallel, stupid GM, bad coach... together in infamy as worst collapse in major league sports

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
Next season is massive for this organisation. Cooper needs to become more strict on the players and adapt to the way in which teams will play against us. The players better spend this whole off season reflecting on how shocking they was. Is tough but they have got to stop with this weak mentality. Is crucial that JBB gets this summer right in terms of trades. If there isn’t a improvement in the play offs next season then cooper and co need to move on. We can’t keep wasting time with this group that we currently have. Each year we waste the harder it is going to be.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Cooper is going to play his BFFs over production no matter what. Until he's gone it's up to the guys on the ice to make up for him holding us back.

Not too confident with those circumstances, especially since I think our roster will probably only get worse next year...

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
The only guys that I think are untouchable on this team going forward are:

Point (if we can re-sign him)
Cirelli
Cernak
Hedman

I really like Miller, and I would also absolutely love to get Coburn back, but he's not a necessity.

Kucherov is quickly becoming a cancer to me...

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Disappointing but nor surprising. I think JBB and Cooper may be tied at the hip having come up the ranks together. Too chummy, IMHO. Both may have to be fired but by then it will be too late.

Usually, in other sports that unequivocal affirmation is the kiss of death.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
As unpopular as it might be, I think we should explore moving Gourde before his NTC kicks in. Of our trade chips, he's still the newest shiny object and likely has the most trade value, which means he could bring back a piece that might have an impact.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
As unpopular as it might be, I think we should explore moving Gourde before his NTC kicks in. Of our trade chips, he's still the newest shiny object and likely has the most trade value, which means he could bring back a piece that might have an impact.

Agreed. Haven't seen anything from him lately that justifies his new price tag. Love him on the PK, but you can find a ton of guys making far less to do that. Paquette even comes to mind...

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Disappointing but nor surprising. I think JBB and Cooper may be tied at the hip having come up the ranks together. Too chummy, IMHO. Both may have to be fired but by then it will be too late.

Usually, in other sports that unequivocal affirmation is the kiss of death.

It's like watching Koetter/Smith, though not to that dysfunctional degree yet. I can understand retaining Cooper after a 62 win season, I just whole-heartedly disagree with it.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

They're the easy move but not sure that's the best move for the team - why are we exploring the easier moves first that actually make our team worse? Palat and Johnson have plateaued, they're harder to move but they're also older and worse versions of Miller and Gourde at this point.

Gourde and Miller were bounced around the lineup and still produced just as well as Palat and Johnson who were put in their best positions to succeed, if you played Gourde next to Point/Kuch next year and Stamkos will Miller we'd save just as much money and actually improve in the top-6. If we're going to talk about complacency issues keeping the same core and cutting the new pieces doesn't make sense. If you're not changing Cooper, start changing some of his "boys" who have way too much favor.

Moving Palat and Johnson would be a turning page for this team and as a known quantity they have better trade value.

Reactions: Tampacuseforever
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad