Speculation: 2019 Off-Season Thread - Part 6

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Filppula would be nice to have in a third line role for 3 million. Could put Cirelli in a scoring line role with Stamkos

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Fun Fact: This is the last year we will be paying Matt Carle
He’ll still earn more for not playing than Shattenkirk, Coburn, Rutta and Schenn (individually) will earn to actually play.

Not counting ELCs of course.

In other words only two defensemen will earn more than him: Heds and McD.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida

giphy.gif

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Girardi? He could but he won't.

Flip just signed with Detroit so he's not going anywhere. And I don't see the room in our cap to add another $3 million anyway. Would be a luxury and honestly I got tired of what he brought.

Reactions: Major4Boarding

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Girardi? He could but he won't.

Flip just signed with Detroit so he's not going anywhere. And I don't see the room in our cap to add another $3 million anyway. Would be a luxury and honestly I got tired of what he brought.
I highly doubt Girardi would sign for 3 million. At best he gets what Shattenkirk signed for. There is no way he gets more than 1.75 million.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
I see Girardi signing a minor league deal. Skate with team and be a player/coach. He lives here is involved with local youth hockey. He will be similar to Cleary in his later years in Detroit transitioning to a job with the team.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Yeah, I don't see Girardi coming back. He probably still has a house in Tampa and it was just a friendly visit. Wouldn't be surprised to see him get a job with the org though. He's well-spoken and smart and he knows the game.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Girardi still lives in yzermans house down here he bought from him I believe
I prefer to believe that he lives in the mother-in-law suite of the house Yzerman owns. Yzerman lets him drive his cherry red Ferrari and he frequently gets involved in quirky banter with the guy who is formally looking after the estate for Yzerman (probably Rick Bowness).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad