GDT: 2019 NLCS: (3) St. Louis Cardinals vs (WC1) Washington Nationals - WSH wins 4-0

NLCS

• Total voters

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Jeez, Atlanta must be so embarrassed. Washington completely shut the Cards down. How the hell do you allow 13 runs to that offence in a game 5 of a division series at your own home?

Even more unbelievable when you consider, sure, the Cards put up 13 in one game against the Braves.

Washington just held them to 6 runs....the entire series.

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
To be fair..I had them in 4th place in the NL Eas due to that bullpen. You never know what happens in that small a sample size.
Maybe so. Still, the Dodgers collapsed and they swept the Cardinals by barely using any bullpen arms. Technically, they could get lights out performances in the World Series as well, but the Astros and Yankees offense are way above the Cardinals. I’m not convinced that the Nats can win unless they’re getting incredible outings from their starters in every game. Congrats to them nonetheless.

RaginRonic

The Ragin' One. with the big shoulder chip.
Feb 23, 2018
Hamilton, Ontario
EG-AL-bXYAUSz7Y

Thanks for screwing Montreal in 1994, Pud Selig.

*heart physically injured for Montreal's baseball fans having to be neutered without anaesthesia like this*

>='(

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Even more unbelievable when you consider, sure, the Cards put up 13 in one game against the Braves.

Washington just held them to 6 runs....the entire series.

Cardinals had like 5 good innings that entire series (the 10 run inning, 8th-9th innings in game 1, 8th and 11th innings in game 4).

They had some bloops and barely fair down the line hits.

Hard to live off that for a month.

Reactions: Canes

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I would think the Yankees. Astros can match pitching with the Nats, I don't believe the Yankees can.

Yeah, I’d say they’d rather play the Yankees. Astros have a better team. I hope to see an Astros/Nationals World Series just cuz I’ve always disliked the Yankees. Yanks have won enough titles in the last 20 plus years. Don’t want to see them win anymore.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Yeah, I’d say they’d rather play the Yankees. Astros have a better team. I hope to see an Astros/Nationals World Series just cuz I’ve always disliked the Yankees. Yanks have won enough titles in the last 20 plus years. Don’t want to see them win anymore.
We have 2 titles in 20 yrs, that's not much. None in the last 10

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
We have 2 titles in 20 yrs, that's not much. None in the last 10

I know, but you guys won 4 between 96 and 2000, and I’m still bitter about it. Haha. No, I just got tired back then of seeing you guys win so much, that I can’t ever cheer for the Yankees. I feel the same way about the Patriots.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Congrats Nats fans & DC people - the 1930s were a long time ago.

I really did not see a sweep coming and well if they win the whole thing that Harper soundbite about bringing a title back to DC is going to haunt him forever. Its already been played a million times in the last week.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Congrats Nats fans & DC people - the 1930s were a long time ago.

I really did not see a sweep coming and well if they win the whole thing that Harper soundbite about bringing a title back to DC is going to haunt him forever. Its already been played a million times in the last week.
Bryce who? lol

Amazing run they are on, since late May.

Going to be a great WS this year.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Bryce who? lol

Amazing run they are on, since late May.

Going to be a great WS this year.

Not for anything but it kind of shows how Harper is overrated. Yea they added Corbin but its more or less the same roster from last year if I'm not mistaken.

Aside from that, Strasburg has been unbelievable this year. Hate to rain on the Nats parade but he's surely opting out regardless of what happens in the next 2 weeks IMO.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
As much as it hurts to admit (and this is pretty obvious now anyway), Braves would have gotten a beatdown as well. Nats have caught fire at the right time.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Nats are on fire since game #50, so they are pretty legit. Blues finally won the cup, Sharks were part of the SCF, Raptors win the title in NBA, Caps win the Stanley... nothing new.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Not for anything but it kind of shows how Harper is overrated. Yea they added Corbin but its more or less the same roster from last year if I'm not mistaken.

Aside from that, Strasburg has been unbelievable this year. Hate to rain on the Nats parade but he's surely opting out regardless of what happens in the next 2 weeks IMO.

its not at all. last year they had:

Wieters/Severino/Kieboom at catcher
Zimmerman and Kendrick were basically hurt all year at first base
Wilmer Difo played 148 games, pretty much all at second base
Mark Reynolds played 86 games
Guys like Andrew Stevenson, Brian Goodwin, Moises Sierra had to play a lot of games
Michael Taylor was the everyday centerfielder as Robles was not up yet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad