GDT: 2019 NHL TRADE DEADLINE - 3 PM EASTERN TV 8 AM NHLN, TSN, SN 2:30 PM NESN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Does it feel like:

1. Stone is the target and the price is too high so Sweeney is waiting it out.
2. Sweeney has the Kovalchuk deal done because Kovalchuk will only waive to Boston.
3. If Stone trade goes through, they can try and sign him or return to the LA trade in the summer.

If this was the case, I'd understand why the Bruins end up with Kovalchuk.

I just keep coming back to everyone on panels and boards saying simply 'the Bruins will have to overpay to get Stone' and 'Ottawa doesn't want to trade within the division' and nothing has ever been said to dispute that.

Brewin8

Jul 17, 2008
British Columbia
Panel all saying Bruins not getting Stone unless big over payment compared to West teams.
This is what Sweeney is up against...Ottawa doesn't really want Stone in the division.. would rather have him go West...hence overpayment will be required...and Sweeney will be criticized if he does...damned if he does, damned if he doesn't..

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
This is what Sweeney is up against...Ottawa doesn't really want Stone in the division.. would rather have him go West...hence overpayment will be required...and Sweeney will be criticized if he does...damned if he does, damned if he doesn't..

I don't think he'd be criticized about slightly overpaying for a pending UFA that could win the team a cup. Stone would fit this team like a glove.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad