GDT: 2019 NHL TRADE DEADLINE - 3 PM EASTERN TV 8 AM NHLN, TSN, SN 2:30 PM NESN - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

riverhawkey91

May 22, 2011
Lowell, MA
Really hope we don't overpay for a backup target now if Stone really has been moved somewhere else...would be the perfect time for another GM to come back and raise the price on us.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
I think that is what scares me the most; Sweeney seems to think the kids are gonna be ready for a cup win in the next two seasons or something. Like Krejci or (God forbid) Bergeron won't slowly begin declining in health or skills. This team's window isn't as wide open as that.

This was a big opportunity, this year. With a very good Defense, a generational first line. Coyle helps out balancing out the bottom depth. Heinen and Debrusk look like they're starting to finally wake up again.

I'm not mad at Sweeney if he tried his damndest, it just sucks anyway.

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
Sweeney was never going to pay the freight on Stone. Why do people set themselves up for disappointment. At least it's good to see who is running the deadline. They might make a small move but nothing crazy. On the other hand it's probably another wasted year for Bergy and Chara. Sweeney does not like dealing prospects so asking him to deal Donato and another piece in the span of a week is a lot to ask.

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
If any team was in a position to pay Stone easily while giving up the assets to get him...it makes sense it would be Vegas.

Honestly don't see how we'd resign Stone with all the players we gotta sign this offseason.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
SCOTTY.jpg

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Sweeney was never going to pay the freight on Stone. Why do people set themselves up for disappointment. At least it's good to see who is running the deadline. They might make a small move but nothing crazy. On the other hand it's probably another wasted year for Bergy and Chara. Sweeney does not like dealing prospects so asking him to deal Donato and another piece in the span of a week is a lot to ask.

The anger is simple; when you look at the lengthy list of reasons why the Bruins should be all in on Stone you feel like this is a once in a decade chance lined up.

Trizz617

Jan 5, 2018
Boston/Quebec
soundcloud.com
One of the reasons why I tried to keep a level head about all of this. As much as we desire having Stone in our top 6, it wasn't going to be an easy grab.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Whatever. I'm done with it now.

Guess we should expect a massive war in the first round, with a possible win in that followed by a 5 or 6 game trouncing in the next one

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Can someone post actual facts/quotes/links that Ottawa won't trade him inside the division if he goes somewhere else instead of just random fanboy excuse making please?

Thank you in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad