Speculation: 2019 NHL Entry Draft Thread

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
One kid I've been keeping a close eye on for a late 1st round pick is Mortiz Seider. A big 6'4, 198lb German right handed defencemen currently playing in DEL, the German men's league. He has 4 points in 23 games for Adler Mannheim and is on the younger side of the draft being an April birthday.

What really caught my eye is how instrumental he was with Germany's U20 team at the Div1 U20 side of the tournament coming 2nd in scoring on his team and 1st among all defencemen at the tournament to help propel Germany back into the WJC side of the tournament next year.

He's a really big defensively sound puck moving defencemen that has a boomer of a shot and likes to chip in offensively. Loves to lay punishing checks and has excellent stickwork a really solid skater too! Could be a future Buff/Trouba replacement. He's starting to climb up the rankings. Typically between 17-26 but I've seen him as high as 13.

The Jets hired a sanitation worker in Wisconsin, how have you managed to slip through their fingers in a consulting role?

Good work with this stuff, man. For real

^What he said.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Who knows what would have happened if we had kept that damn 1st round draft pick? But a local kid named Jett? The marketing guys would have been salivating at the... ahem, prospect. :nod:

If we had traded Perreault to Habs for 2 of their many 2nd rd picks we could have taken Jett Woo and Bode Wilde. Just sayin .... :laugh:

Not that I would not have missed what MP has brought this year. He has been very valuable moving around the lineup. But damn, we could have had a player with Jet in his name! :laugh:

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
We gave up our 1st last year for Stastny. I was ok with the trade and enjoyed the run to the 3rd round of the playoffs.

The real cost being that we most likely would have had 1 of the 4 prospects in our stable.

1) VELENO (Det) 30th 6'4 Center with 73 points in 38 games in the Q.H.L this year.
2) Sandin (Tor)
3) Macissac (Det) point per game D in Q for Halifax
4) Jett Woo (D) W.H.L. point per game D-man

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
We gave up our 1st last year for Stastny. I was ok with the trade and enjoyed the run to the 3rd round of the playoffs.

The real cost being that we most likely would have had 1 of the 4 prospects in our stable.

1) VELENO (Det) 30th 6'4 Center with 73 points in 38 games in the Q.H.L this year.
2) Sandin (Tor)
3) Macissac (Det) point per game D in Q for Halifax
4) Jett Woo (D) W.H.L. point per game D-man

Just wanted to point out that Veleno is not 6'4. And the QHL is not a league I know of haha. Other then that carry on.

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
If we had traded Perreault to Habs for 2 of their many 2nd rd picks we could have taken Jett Woo and Bode Wilde. Just sayin .... :laugh:

Not that I would not have missed what MP has brought this year. He has been very valuable moving around the lineup. But damn, we could have had a player with Jet in his name! :laugh:

Have no fear, Jet is near Jet Greaves at eliteprospects.com

17 yr old rolling a .917 save percentage

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I am really loving the idea of that Seider kid. Not sure if he'll be there at our pick, but it seems like a lot of variance when I look at a few rankings so who knows. Wonder if 2 shoulder injuries this year hurts his value?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I am not really going to focus on this until I know if we have any draft picks this year which will be after the trade deadline. If we trade away our 1st and we are already missing two other picks I will probably just PVR this event in case we make a trade the night of the draft. Last was great as far as our cup run but pretty depressing as far as the draft. Hard to have it all I guess.

Bristo

The Oracle
Mar 24, 2013
Discussion on my favourite controversial Jets 1st end draft pick from the past has been getting gummed up by general talking about scouting, development, etc and I can’t take it any more! Knock it off ya chodes and and talk draft in here instead!

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
upload_2019-2-23_13-47-30.gif

Jet Greaves, goalie. Enough said!

Jet Greaves at eliteprospects.com

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
We should keep our 1st and just move a 3rd to get a real 4th line center instead of Roslovic.

I think that’d be a smart move for the playoffs as Roslovic is not there yet. There’s always the option of moving Copp to 4C but I think picking up one would be a very good move.

Reactions: Flair Hay

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad