Speculation: 2019 NHL Entry Draft Thread

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
Thank You Daximus for your consistent and informative work.

Could someone list how many draft picks we have left this June and what rounds they are in? I can't keep up.

Thanks

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Honestly with a Trouba trade hanging in the balance I am not going sleep on the draft.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
Should we get a Detroit or Florida first, Bowen Byram of the Vancouver Giants would be an excellent excellent replacement for Trouba.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I don’t think the return can be so big, given that he’s a 1 year rental.

Maybe FLA would give us their 1st so we could draft Soderstrom as an eventual replacement.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016

Maybe FLA would give us their 1st so we could draft Soderstrom as an eventual replacement.
Stone got Brannstrom and a 2nd. A D is more valuable.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

The only way the return is not really good is if he can’t come to terms on a deal with a team that wants to acquire him in a trade. We saw that was possible with Stone far closer to free agency. Trouba would hate to get injured next season and miss cashing in on his 50 to 60 million dollar payday.

Someone is going to want to make a big trade and get him signed. If Trouba is 100% committed to becoming a UFA then our return will be less.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
The only way the return is not really good is if he can’t come to terms on a deal with a team that wants to acquire him in a trade. We saw that was possible with Stone far closer to free agency. Trouba would hate to get injured next season and miss cashing in on his 50 to 60 million dollar payday.

Someone is going to want to make a big trade and get him signed. If Trouba is 100% committed to becoming a UFA then our return will be less.
Agree. I think it's quite likely that Trouba will be looking to cash in with a new team ASAP. He's been working with lower than market value contracts over the past few seasons. If Trouba really wants out, I think the Jets will identify a few teams that Trouba would be happy to sign on with long term, and then negotiate the best trade possible. I could see a few teams that fit the bill, in that they have a real need for a top-pairing RD and have been rebuilding for a while, so they'll be looking to step forward and might be willing to give up futures to take the next step forward.

It would only take two or three of these teams having a substantial interest to generate a good return.

Here is a list of potential suitors, with some possible futures trade chips:

Isles (mid-1st, Wilde,
Rangers (mid-1st, Lundkvist, Miller)
Wings (high 1st, Hronek)
Panthers (1st, Borgstrom)
Flyers (1st, Frost, Farabee)
Yotes (1st, ?)

Reactions: ps241

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Yeah theres a very real chance we could end up with a high pick depending on what happens with Trouba.

I'm quite sure this will happen. Trouba will be traded off for a high 1st rounder, and the Jet's will pick a defenseman. Then they also will likely e=resign Myers -- I think ?

Reactions: snake schneibler

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Yes, it would appear we will have a number of additional picks. If I had to guess, Trouba, Brossoit, Morrow will be dealt. Possibly some of the UFAs as well. Rights for Hayes or Myers would probably bring a 3rd or so.

Just so we have it here.

RFA
Trouba
Laine
Connor
Copp
Beaulieu
Brossoit
Morrow

UFA
Myers
Hayes
Tanev
Lindholm
Hendricks
Chiarot
Kiselevich

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Trouba is quietly having a really big season. If he's traded in the off-season I expect he'll garner a big return.

Agreed, more than what Montour got and some people here continually post returns less than that.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Agreed, more than what Montour got and some people here continually post returns less than that.
Jets aren't in a big hurry to replenish their prospect pipeline. They have a young and talented forward group with a grade A prospect in Vesalainen. On D they have Niku, Samberg, Kovacevic, Stanley, Chisholm, Gawanke and Vallati. They won't all make an impact, but two or three of them are likely to.

So I would think the Jets can afford to go for a package that includes a prospect and future picks that are top 3-5 protected. That way they are likely to acquire more pick value and can replenish their pipeline over the next few years.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Yes, it would appear we will have a number of additional picks. If I had to guess, Trouba, Brossoit, Morrow will be dealt. Possibly some of the UFAs as well. Rights for Hayes or Myers would probably bring a 3rd or so.

Just so we have it here.

RFA
Trouba
Laine
Connor
Copp
Beaulieu
Brossoit
Morrow

UFA
Myers
Hayes
Tanev
Lindholm
Hendricks
Chiarot
Kiselevich

We likely wont deal any UFAs most teams wont make any kind of move for a UFA unless they are a big name and think they have a really good chance of resigning them. Like Dallas did with Ben Bishop.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
We likely wont deal any UFAs most teams wont make any kind of move for a UFA unless they are a big name and think they have a really good chance of resigning them. Like Dallas did with Ben Bishop.
Yes, those deals are very unusual. I suspect its normally the agent/player who initiates it. Just throwing out the possibility. Plus I think Wpg will be all in to sign Myers.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Yes, those deals are very unusual. I suspect its normally the agent/player who initiates it. Just throwing out the possibility. Plus I think Wpg will be all in to sign Myers.
They shouldn't. Sadly, I cannot find it within myself to say 'they won't'.

That Hayes deal will bring us yet another step away from finding replacements for the likes of Trouba and Little down the line.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad