MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
upload_2019-6-22_15-7-45.png

Reactions: Afterburner

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I really like the Jets draft except I was hoping for a different pick in round 2. Leason, Grewe and Kokkonen seemed to be fallers for some reason and I would loved one of those three in round 2.

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
was kinda hoping chevy would pick a tall center for the second line...gonna need one soon.

Reactions: GNP

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Ended our show with a chat with Jets GM Kevin Cheveldayoff.

Scrum topics: Reflections on the draft weekend. On the Jets being able to select Simon Lundmark at 51. Prospects coming to Development Camp. Was there any thought about getting into the 6th or 7th round? What the week ahead looks like. Crop of young players (Niku, Poolman, Vesalainen & Appleton) having a chance to make an impact next season. His initial thoughts on the salary cap at 81.5 million. How hard is it to do his job without knowing the salary cap number until this late? Thoughts on retiring former head of scouting Marcel Comeau. Was he surprised by the lack of deals made at the draft? Any progress with his pending UFAs?

To listen click here.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Jets Director of amateur scouting Mark Hillier reflects on 2019 NHL Draft.

Scrum topics: Reflections on Jets 5th round pick (134th) goalie Logan Neaton. With only five picks is it quality over quantity? When a player “falls” to where they are selecting. Organization depth on the blueline. On watching a guy make an adaptation to the men’s game. Willingness to pick players from all over the map/leagues. On the philosophy in drafting a goalie.

To listen click here.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
was kinda hoping chevy would pick a tall center for the second line...gonna need one soon.

Henri Nikkanen, 6'4":eek:.

If we want to fix the 2C spot now it'll be trade or bumping Wheeler to help out Little or Copp or something. No draft pick was gonna be a 2C for us for at least 2 years maybe longer.

Reactions: Hobby Bull

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Most excited about Heinola and Nikkanen.
It’s an odd year draft so this should turn out quite well. it’s what the Jets do.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I really like the Jets draft except I was hoping for a different pick in round 2. Leason, Grewe and Kokkonen seemed to be fallers for some reason and I would loved one of those three in round 2.

I am not sure about the second round pick either. I have not studied the prospects outside the top 25 or so enough to know what the other options were so I am more Meh than actually disappointed. Notwithstanding Samberg we have historically struggled with our 2nd round picks for some odd reason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad