Prospect Info: 2019 NHL Entry Draft Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
As you know how high I am on Legare all this means is we will trade up and grab Poulin, then draft Legare with our second 2nd round pick and have some crash bois to play with Hughes. :thumbu:

The fact that neither Poulin or Legare are above average skaters makes me pessimistic that the Devils will draft them so early -- every top 2 round pick by Shero/Castron was pretty much a speed demon, with the exception of Nathan Bastian.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
The fact that neither Poulin or Legare are above average skaters makes me pessimistic that the Devils will draft them so early -- every top 2 round pick by Shero/Castron was pretty much a speed demon, with the exception of Nathan Bastian.
Yes, but I presume (like Bastian) Poulin and Legare aren't slugs either. I think the we're willing to make exceptions if skating isn't an absolute liability and they bring something we need (which Legare seems to).

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Yes, but I presume (like Bastian) Poulin and Legare aren't slugs either. I think the we're willing to make exceptions if skating isn't an absolute liability and they bring something we need (which Legare seems to).

I absolutely agree, but will the Devils scouting department? I'd be thrilled with Legare at #34. Poulin I think will be gone by then -- he has better hands than Legare and is thus ranked slightly higher. Legare is plus-tools across the board except for skating and puck handling, which are both average, at best. But he's a heck of a player, no doubt about it.

Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad