Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
the man is so damn popular

last week he was greetin regs like a celebrity. it's really a good bar. lmk when any of you wanna hop over on a tues/thurs (when he works) and i'll join in for sure.

he has quite a few hockey fan friends as well, including a blues guy i saw and a russian/ukrainian (??) guy named vlad who's a hilarious kings fan. prob a ton more.
But... will he be there for Draft Day 2?

Not that I can actually make it :(

Reactions: StevenToddIves

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
But... will he be there for Draft Day 2?

Not that I can actually make it :(
i asked him and 1.) he doesn't work saturdays and 2.) he'll be upstate w some friends :(

he's down to ask the owner of the bar to host stuff, but we need people to commit to going. previous owner (iirc) was the one who was really connected social media-wise, and set up the watch parties for last years' playoffs. new owner, not so much...

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

last week he was greetin regs like a celebrity. it's really a good bar. lmk when any of you wanna hop over on a tues/thurs (when he works) and i'll join in for sure.

he has quite a few hockey fan friends as well, including a blues guy i saw and a russian/ukrainian (??) guy named vlad who's a hilarious kings fan. prob a ton more.
On here as well.

Weekly podcast based out of the bar. What's the hold up?

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
i asked him and 1.) he doesn't work saturdays and 2.) he'll be upstate w some friends :(

he's down to ask the owner of the bar to host stuff, but we need people to commit to going. previous owner (iirc) was the one who was really connected social media-wise, and set up the watch parties for last years' playoffs. new owner, not so much...
What's that about? Does he not like events which will bring people into his bar?

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Even lower - 60th

Slavin - 120th
Pesce - 66th
Manson - 160th
Montour - 55th
Ekholm - 102th

....just a few examples. There’s always a decent chance of getting high quality defense after the 1st round.
Josi was 34th.
Subban 43rd
Parayko 86th

There is definitely sound reasoning behind focusing on fwd's in the 1st round.

In the 16 and 17 drafts we had a combined 20 picks. We drafted 6 d-men. Only one was higher then the 5th round. None higher then the 3rd. I think Shero knew he had to bolster the fwd depth, but he also thought he could find quality d-men later on.

In the 18 draft we were now needing a d-man, and luckily it was a stocked draft in that regard, we got Smith, but Miller was there as well. So I do think he will strike when the moment is right, but in general I imagine we will see him focus more on fwd's early, and blue liners later on.

Reactions: MichaelJ

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Anyone have a write up on Poulin? Seems interesting. POULIN, SAMUEL | 2016 NHL Draft Prospects

Poulin is the prototypical, heart and soul power forward. He's big and strong and features a terrific shot, high compete level, willingness to muck it up physically, and surprisingly soft hands. He has pretty good vision, but where he excels the most is in crashing the net -- he's deadly in close, unstoppable at banging in rebounds, deflects pucks well. If there's one weakness to Poulin it's the typical power forward bugaboo that he's an average skater at best. He's almost a left-shot mirror image of Nathan Legare, a very similar right-shot player. I would rank Poulin higher on account of his superior hands and stick handling.

Poulin is almost universally ranked in the 23-27 range, which is also where he is likely to go in the draft. There is a slim chance that he falls to the #34 pick where the Devils would have an opportunity to draft him, but it would have to be considered negligible at best.

Reactions: bigvonbody

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY

Haha, I'm more like a piece of furniture everyone is overly familiar with than a celebrity. And you forgot to mention the very pretty Eastern European waitresses.

Reactions: TheDuke93

ghughes20

Jul 12, 2013
Timing in life sucks sometimes. I'm on a flight to Amsterdam tomorrow night and I just realized there's no internet on the flight. I won't know who we drafted until we land. (I know, first world problems).

TheDuke93

May 29, 2017
NJ
Poulin is the prototypical, heart and soul power forward. He's big and strong and features a terrific shot, high compete level, willingness to muck it up physically, and surprisingly soft hands. He has pretty good vision, but where he excels the most is in crashing the net -- he's deadly in close, unstoppable at banging in rebounds, deflects pucks well. If there's one weakness to Poulin it's the typical power forward bugaboo that he's an average skater at best. He's almost a left-shot mirror image of Nathan Legare, a very similar right-shot player. I would rank Poulin higher on account of his superior hands and stick handling.

Poulin is almost universally ranked in the 23-27 range, which is also where he is likely to go in the draft. There is a slim chance that he falls to the #34 pick where the Devils would have an opportunity to draft him, but it would have to be considered negligible at best.
As you know how high I am on Legare all this means is we will trade up and grab Poulin, then draft Legare with our second 2nd round pick and have some crash bois to play with Hughes. :thumbu:

Reactions: StevenToddIves

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Draft Day announcement: New Jersey TRADES their no. 1 pick to the NY Rangers for THEIR second overall pick AND their 7th round pick (212th overall)!!

With their (Rangers) first pick they pick the finnish youngster Cup Of Cacoa and avoid log jam at center. That mess could be handed over to the Devils across the river.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Have a feeling that if Chicago takes Turcotte, some team in the top-10 (Oilers?) are going to try to trade up with the Avs to take Byram.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad