Speculation: 2019 NHL Draft

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I don't see anything special about Seider other than he's big and right-handed.

Reactions: Burn

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
And Montreal likely will be tempted to do the brother pairing thing when they pick at 15. If he gets by them he should be there at 21.

I don't think Mtl is thinking forward at 15. I think they will look at a left defenseman. York in particular is the guy I feel will be their target.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
PJurCDzx1SgFzlsJO8QrE8mn4NM=.gif

Sam Adams

Jun 19, 2019
I wonder if that's going to let him drop to us. That said, if he can't keep up with Crosby or Malkin, I'm not sure he'd be BPA for us, as much as I'd like us to pickup an old school power forward.

If you guys are talking about Poulin which I think you are, he was projected around anywhere from 20-35.
I personally hope we take him at 21 if hes there still. But I didnt look at many other players. Moritz Seider is another interesting player

From what Ive read about Brink, read didnt watch, Id stay away. You do not need puny players that cant skate, I dont care how good their hands are, they will get destroyed in the NHL

Burn

Mar 24, 2018
If you guys are talking about Poulin which I think you are, he was projected around anywhere from 20-35.
I personally hope we take him at 21 if hes there still. But I didnt look at many other players. Moritz Seider is another interesting player

From what Ive read about Brink, read didnt watch, Id stay away. You do not need puny players that cant skate, I dont care how good their hands are, they will get destroyed in the NHL
Thats not Brink at all and it really shows just how stupid or drunk some of these services really are.

In 16 and 17 he dominated for Minnetonka using his skating and hand skills... Driving to the net. His skating took a hit this year because of added weight and getting bigger. Even at that hes still strong on the puck and has an IQ through the roof. He also has the Hossa back check already and you almost never see that at that age.

You get his core and legs strengthen by pro training... And his flaw goes away.

Brink is an absolute golden diamond. (Eagle scream)

Sam Adams

Jun 19, 2019
Thats not Brink at all and it really shows just how stupid or drunk some of these services really are.

In 16 and 17 he dominated for Minnetonka using his skating and hand skills... Driving to the net. His skating took a hit this year because of added weight and getting bigger. Even at that hes still strong on the puck and has an IQ through the roof. He also has the Hossa back check already and you almost never see that at that age.

You get his core and legs strengthen by pro training... And his flaw goes away.

Brink is an absolute golden diamond. (Eagle scream)

Ill have to take your word for it. Ill look at him some later

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I wonder if that's going to let him drop to us. That said, if he can't keep up with Crosby or Malkin, I'm not sure he'd be BPA for us, as much as I'd like us to pickup an old school power forward.

I've not seen anything suggesting Poulin going above 20 - hell, most places don't seem to have him as a first rounder - and I'd be a tad disappointed if they took him at 21.

I don't think Mtl is thinking forward at 15. I think they will look at a left defenseman. York in particular is the guy I feel will be their target.

What, not even with French Canadian hero Lavoie available? Granted, their LD depths are terrible...

Jarry or desmith should be dealt today or tomorrow for a pick, right?

Yup.

Would you guys pair Jarry with Johnson for puljujarvi?

I'd buy Rutherford's a year's supply of PF Changs if he somehow pulled off that robbery. I wouldn't even care if Poolparty never played a game here.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The new TSN final mock today still has Lavoie going to the Pens, who manage to bypass Cam York to take him...

I don’t get the attraction for this kid...ok, he’s big...he’s not a great skater and he’s inconsistent...I guarantee you he’s going to be the next Sheahan and we’ll regret picking him...if we’re going for a forward, we need to get a lot better skater...but I wouldn’t pass on York for him

https://www.tsn.ca/tsn-hockey-final-mock-draft-intrigue-begins-at-no-3-1.1325070

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Yes because i think Jarry could be worth more not paired with Johnson. Puljujarvi is Yakupov 2.0 and will be out of the league in 2 years

Without disagreeing with this, Jarry is the cheapest possible bribe conceivable to get rid of Johnson without taking anything back. If he was the price, of course you'd do it.

Sam Adams

Jun 19, 2019
The new TSN final mock today still has Lavoie going to the Pens, who manage to bypass Cam York to take him...

I don’t get the attraction for this kid...ok, he’s big...he’s not a great skater and he’s inconsistent...I guarantee you he’s going to be the next Sheahan and we’ll regret picking him...if we’re going for a forward, we need to get a lot better skater...but I wouldn’t pass on York for him

https://www.tsn.ca/tsn-hockey-final-mock-draft-intrigue-begins-at-no-3-1.1325070

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad