Speculation: 2019 NHL Draft

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I don't think it should matter much. I mean a million more or a million less isn't that big of a deal for most teams.

I kinda agree but probably the difference between us being fine moving Maatta and needing to move a second guy tbf; or Vegas needing to move Smith, or a guy like Patches. In any case though, that's what they're saying.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Im liking what I see out of this Poulin kid. I didnt think much of his dad as a player but this kid looks like an ideal fwd type.
I like his game too. Kinda reminds me of Bertuzzi the way he plays a power game from his off-wing but is also a pretty good passer.

Burn

Mar 24, 2018
The more I watch him the more I like Kaliyev. Reminds me of Timo Meier. Has the IQ to get open and find soft spots with the skills to finish from anywhere.

Burn

Mar 24, 2018
Yeah... Its weird how much I like draft day. Still hoping for Brink but I would be happy with about 8 players.

Still hoping the Pens can land a 2nd.

Reactions: Malkinstheman

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
I think at most we'll get a 2nd is a Kessel trade. Someone good probably drops to us so we wont end up trading down. With how deep the draft is, im hoping theres a ton of off the board picks.

Burn

Mar 24, 2018
A 2nd would fine. Maybe even a 2nd and 3rd.

I think people saying to trade the picks or dont value the first are crazy.

The best way to circumvent the cap is with quality players on rookie contracts. You get quality in the first 2 rounds... Everything else is a bonus.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I have a good feeling about tonight. I think we might have 2 first rounders to select by the time the draft kicks off. I am starting to believe these Letang rumors.

If we draft a high-end forward and a defenseman I think that would make for a good night.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
I have a good feeling about tonight. I think we might have 2 first rounders to select by the time the draft kicks off. I am starting to believe these Letang rumors.

If we draft a high-end forward and a defenseman I think that would make for a good night.
it would be a "good" night if we only get one high end player. it would be a "great" night if we get two.:nod:

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
What about Nick Suzuki's brother Ryan? More a playmaker than goal scorer right now but some definate skills and a good chance will be there.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
What about Nick Suzuki's brother Ryan? More a playmaker than goal scorer right now but some definate skills and a good chance will be there.

From what ive seen, hes got all the skills to be a top-15 guy but the knock against him is that he plays too much on the perimeter. Supposedly that improved as the season went on though.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I just want value from the pick. Give me a guy who can turn out to be a significant piece for us in the future--either by selecting a BPA player or trading the 1st for a younger guy.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
From what ive seen, hes got all the skills to be a top-15 guy but the knock against him is that he plays too much on the perimeter. Supposedly that improved as the season went on though.

And Montreal likely will be tempted to do the brother pairing thing when they pick at 15. If he gets by them he should be there at 21.

Reactions: Malkinstheman

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I’d personally describe him as a powerful or strong skater but not necessarily fast. Coordinated and fluid. At the same time, by no means is he slow.

Probably say his top speed is slightly above average.

I wonder if that's going to let him drop to us. That said, if he can't keep up with Crosby or Malkin, I'm not sure he'd be BPA for us, as much as I'd like us to pickup an old school power forward.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I wonder if that's going to let him drop to us. That said, if he can't keep up with Crosby or Malkin, I'm not sure he'd be BPA for us, as much as I'd like us to pickup an old school power forward.

Yeah depends who’s still there BPA wise but regardless would be happy with him if he’s the guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad