Prospect Info: 2019 NHL Draft Talk Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christien

May 1, 2010
This is what he said in the Kings thread
Detroit has offered their 6th overall + a 2nd round pick and a conditional (I haven't heard yet what the additional pick is but I have also heard a prospect would be involved) to move up one spot to #5 providing their player is still available.

I wonder who "their player" is? By the way take it for what it is. I don't have a source. Sorry about that.

Christien

May 1, 2010
“I don’t have a source” is a good sign for it being legit, right?
Hahaha yeah, you can never believe everything you read on HF and I'm not saying I believe him or anything, but he seems pretty well liked on the Kings board for what that's worth :dunno:

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
It's a couple pages back in the Kings draft thread. I searched through his post history and he's called some Kings stuff before, but never provides any sources or details really. I trust it, but barely
Here's the link to the post for those that are wondering.

Poster also goes on to say this:
Same source as I have had over the past few decades. Sorry as I said that I won't go further then that. Take it for what it is worth.

The Hawks at the combines sure spent allot of time talking all things BByrum. I see them taking him at 3rd overall. In fact I will be very much surprised if they don't.

After that it is a case of horses for courses. Lot's of highly skilled kids with equal amount of talent but different approaches. It will be interesting to see how our pick goes down. I think Turcotte will be there at 5. I could see us taking someone other than him.

Avs take Dach at 4rth. Too good of a fit for them to pass up on imo. All of that said, I totally trust our scouting dept and know that they will have the right player targeted. To me the big question is will Blake listen to them and make the selection that they recommend most or will he go with his gut again. I hope he listens to the crew. They are all over this draft and will get us the BPA given the chance.
Seems like he has a pretty good reputation on the Kings board FWIW.

Last edited:
Reactions: hkydave04

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Here's the link to the post for those that are wondering.

Poster also goes on to say this:

Seems like he has a pretty good reputation on the Kings board FWIW.

Sounds like he has a source he can’t divulge similar to TZE knowing someone with the Wings. That being said, I don’t know who the f*** our player could be.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
“I don’t have a source” is a good sign for it being legit, right?

We have a few posters here with insights into the Wings organization. I had a few friends years ago with Dallas scoops. They, too, don't name sources, because that would be silly. You get a sense over years and years with someone's post history of their legitimacy.

As for this guy's information...
Son of a fiddlesticks, I knew Dach would go too early. Avs or LA are going to scoop him up and I'm going to be bummed.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
LA. Might go C with Vilardis career in limbo with his back injuries....maybr they do pass on byram...

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Was it posted somewhere that Draper was high on Cozens? Or maybe it was Dach, can't remember.

AS far as predicting, that's nearly impossible since. Like last year the player they view as a stud would never fall... falls. i.e., Zadina.

But I have a sneaky feeling it's one of Byram/Dach/Turcotte. .....maybe Cozens, but who knows.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Was it posted somewhere that Draper was high on Cozens? Or maybe it was Dach, can't remember.

AS far as predicting, that's nearly impossible since. Like last year the player they view as a stud would never fall... falls. i.e., Zadina.

But I have a sneaky feeling it's one of Byram/Dach/Turcotte. .....maybe Cozens, but who knows.

I think Draper has been big on both of them. I think it was mid season that Draper was praising Dach.

Edit: there’s this tweet which suggests that Draper should be really familiar with Dach.

And honestly, I like Draper’s philosophy since becoming more involved. If he has a good deal of influence on the pick, I think I trust him more than anyone in the organization right now.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017

Seen Draper at a lot of USNTDP games.

I don't know if that means anything, just thought I'd share.

Reactions: CairneBloodhoof

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016

The fan bringing it up, is in the trade and free agent section, in the thread, where the Canucks are wanting to move up with us in the draft. It wasn't the actual "insider" that said it, but 2 or 3 other Kings fans were vouching for him.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
One thing I don't understand, is if LA and the Wings want different players, and are beside each other in the draft order, why would we pay to move up? If LA wants the same guy as Detroit, wouldn't they just take him instead. Why would we give up anything unless the Kings want the same guy as us. The insider stuff suggests, that if the Wings player is there, we will trade up, which implies to me that LA has someone else they want.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I've warmed up on Dach over the course of the year. I don't mind his skating for a big kid

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Seeing him in Michigan at the NTDP games isn't as surprising as him traveling to the west for 3 weeks scouting basically 1 player.

This is a good point and I don’t know why I didn’t catch it. 8-10 straight games of being in the building is staggering.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
One thing I don't understand, is if LA and the Wings want different players, and are beside each other in the draft order, why would we pay to move up? If LA wants the same guy as Detroit, wouldn't they just take him instead. Why would we give up anything unless the Kings want the same guy as us. The insider stuff suggests, that if the Wings player is there, we will trade up, which implies to me that LA has someone else they want.
So that someone else doesn't trade up to leapfrog us and take our guy

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
As for this guy's information...
Son of a fiddlesticks, I knew Dach would go too early. Avs or LA are going to scoop him up and I'm going to be bummed.
If Dach going before 6 means that Turcotte becomes a Red Wing, I can get behind that "consolation prize".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad